No More DayDreaming

Part 1-

DayDreams No More..

Riiiiinnnggg!!

There goes the bell. A girl, of average height with dark brown hair and eyes, quickly finished her notes while others zoomed passed her, accidentally hitting her with their backpacks on the way out. When she finished, she quickly packed up her pencil and picked up her backpack. The teacher stopped her on the way out.

"Aubrey, you've been raising your hand less and less lately. You pay attention when you need to and you do your work, and you're doing fine but.. You're always dozing off in some daydream. What's going on?" Mr. Sunaway frowned. The girl looked down and shrugged.

"I guess it's just.. Living in Jasper isn't exactly exciting. I just think about things happening in class that would make things more thrilling. That's all. I'm sorry, I don't try to be rude, I'll do my best to stop it." Aubrey nodded, swerving behind her teacher and into the hallway.

If Mr.Sunaway had called her back, she hadn't heard.

"Aubrey!! Hey, what was he asking you about?" Jack called. Aubrey turned, waving and walking over to him.

"I've just been daydreaming lately. He only asked me about it." She shrugged, looking down at the floor.

"You alright?" Jack tilted his head. He looked a little concerned, so Aubrey put on a fake smile.

"I'm fine dude, I'm just a little bored around here. I do nothing but walk around town and go to school. I don't really have any friends besides you." Aubrey shrugged. Jack put a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, it's not exactly the place for action. And it can be tough when your friends are 2 or 3 years older than you." Jack took away his hand when they reached the door. Jack waved goodbye and hopped on his bike. There goes the 16 year old kid who happened to talk to a 14 year old girl.

Aubrey sighed. She took the route she always took, down the more quiet alleys. There was no need to worry about getting mugged, because the only criminals in Jasper, Nevada were the bullies who stole lunch money. So, there she was. In her black beanie and her bulky jacket, her arc-reactor t-shirt, black jeggings, and big bulky red and black sneakers. Her head hung low, and she watched as a scenario played out in her mind. An old lady, getting robbed by a gun wielding perp, Aubrey coming up and snatching the gun by surprise. The robber's shocked face goes pale as he tries to run, but Aubrey wants to be on the track team in high school, so she catches up and tackles the crook. The police arrive and make her an undercover officer because of her accomplishment..

Then it all faded away with the blink of an eye. That's what always happened. Nothing happens. She closed her eyes, knowing these alleys better than anyone. Then she heard it.

CHH CHHI CHHI CHHI CHE!!

Next thing she knew, something had scooped her up a high off the ground. She tried to scream- but she thought it was just a daydream, so she just gasped, panting like crazy. Her eyes darted around, she was in.. A giant metal hand?

It's official. Aubrey Wellington has gone insane.

Then she heard the sound a second time. A giant robot stood in front of whatever was holding her. Red and white, freakin tall, and as awesome as all this was terrifying.

"One step closer and the vermin gets it!" The purple and gray robot holding her growled.

CHU CHI CHI!!

Now it had turned it's other hand into some sort of science fiction gun-thing-majinger..

Oh. Great. It was pointed right at her.