"Okay, Maybe Not Fine."

"Guys, I'm fine." Thomas laughed, trying to cover up his wince with a light cough - but that itself caused him to groan in pain. For some reason, hearing it confirmed out loud, what he'd already been thinking, made it somehow okay to show it hurt - it didn't mean he was weak anymore.

Minho raised a disbelieving eyebrow, not saying a word - but his posture speaking volumes. Tense and tight and angry - but not at Thomas, at the fact they had to go through this. Again. Because of WICKED. There was concern there too, naturally, Newt, Minho and Thomas were the closest to family anyone could be without being blood.

And Newt, Thomas didn't dare look. He'd always been, not delicate exactly, but, more somehow. More prone to show emotion - more easy to read, and right now Thomas didn't need to look and see the heartbreak in his eyes.

"Okay, maybe not fine." Thomas amended, blinking and falling against a wall - he tried to play it off as nothing, but he desperately needed the support, "But I'm definitely not dying on you shanks."

"So long as you don't go and you wait here. Wait for the McCalls." Teresa - or the beetle blade, though Thomas couldn't see it as anything less than the human girl he'd once loved - chided, the beetle blade jumping back, red eyes glittering. She'd made her point, and now, she was preparing to leave, "I gotta go Tom. Just please, don't leave. Please."

"He won't." Newt promised, before Thomas could say anything. His eyes snapped up, trying to read his friends expression, but, for the first time since he'd known Newt, the boy was unreadable.

Teresa scuttled off, there wasn't really anything dramatic about it, she just, went. Thomas had expected more somehow, it just didn't seem enough. Somehow.

"Newt-" Thomas stared, flinching as pain exploded through him - ripping and tearing and twisting. Thomas stopped, scrunching his face up to fight back pain - it hurt, a lot.

"Scott McCall. Remember him? You told me once you trusted him, so now I'm going to too." Newt ignored, offering a hand out to Thomas, pulling the younger boy up by his arm, and holding him steady. Thomas settled into place at Newt's side, oddly unashamed of needing the boys help, "If it saves your life Tommy, we'll both trust him."