Chapter Nine: Flashback

I was standing on the edge, I felt the stones underneath me crumble under the pressure of my body, my intention weren't to jump. Well maybe at first it was but I was undecided. I was so scared, paranoid, I knew the blood on that bed room floor the other day was not real, far from it, just a figment of my imagination. It was linked to a memory, my past was haunting me! I always fell for the violent type; the blood thirsty ones. The blood I imagined was in fact my blood. I was battered by an ex, beaten to an inch of my life.

I was always too scared to trust anyone, I drove everyone who came close to me away, frightened that they'd do the same.

Jay was just an innocent victim who had fallen for my games, I'd intended to make him angry so I had no chance if feeling close to him but it worked. He was nothing like my ex, Jay cried as soon as he'd hit me, he apologised frantically, shocked at his recent actions whereas my ex didn't feel even a pitch of guilt, he was pure evil. I of course was lead to believe that it was my fault. I broke free of his brainwash and decided it was time to run, Jay was my only escape.

*Flashback* 

I'd came in home from school late after being held up by the teacher complaining about my 'appalling behavior' as she put it. 'If you don't sort yourself out then your parents will be hearing about this when they get back from their trip!' Mr Sutton warned in a threatening tone, sharp as a knife. I was only half listening, I was focused on the clock, watching each second go by, taunting me. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. I was in for a beating when I got home, I was positive. I mumbled an apology and rushed out the door, I was already ten minutes late, the longer I made him wait the more violently angry 'mr left and right' as he called them would get. I was running at full pelt, attracting the attention of perfect strangers. I could hear him now, I knew how angry he'd be when I got home, 'I may lose my life tonight.' I recall thinking. I rushed into the kitchen and immediately started cooking dinner,  

I heard him stomp into the kitchen, so much anger and strength in the way that his feet hit the floor. Thump. Thump. Thump. 'You're late!' he growled through gritted teeth. I kept my head down and carried on trying to act calm but my heart rate told a different story. I was sure he could hear it, he could sensor my fear, always has been able to. I yelped out in pain as he yanked at my hair, I could feel my heart beat throb inside my head, 'Answer me you stupid bitch!' he screamed at me. I avoided eye contact, he tossed me into the wall, it cracked at the pressure and speed, I whimpered, the pain excruciating. It was useless fighting back, I'd tried it before and ended off worse.

His huge hands clawed at my neck, he wasn't going to surrender. I felt the cold blade that he'd just thumbled for dig slowly into my neck. The blade was sharp, it didn't take much effort to slice through my own skin, it was like cutting through paper, especially with his strength and power. I saw his eyes fill up with pleasure, he was happy to see me sufferings, he got a buzz from it. He was one sick prick.

He saw the life drain out of my eyes slowly, he smirked and exited the room, proud of what he had done, the condition he, himself had put me in, it gave him a sense of power. He was glad to leave me in a pool of my own, fresh, thick, sickeningly warm blood, leaving it gushing out of my veins, soaking my clothes right through, the carpet was stained already. Next thing I was slowly gaining consciousness again laying in a hospital bed, safety finally but if I stayed here then it wouldn't last, I knew it. So I ran, unsteadily but I ran. *End of flashback*.