Chapter Three: Arriving

The bus drive was twelve hours long so I must have nodded off into a dreamless sleep for hours, I woke up as the buss was pulling up to a buss stop. I stretched to see that Jay was already awake reading the book 'Stolen.' by Lucy Christopher, my all time favourite book. "Good book that!" I smiled at him, he smiled back sweetly and said

"Yeah, yeah it really is, can't put it down! Have you read it?" I smiled and nodded, he leaned forward and gently wiped my cheek with his thumb. "We don't have to do this, you know?" I smiled and nodded, although I felt like I had to, he had some kind of power over me, I didn't want to upset him or make him angry.

"I know." I said quietly, he smiled and nodded. The buss came to a halt.

I climbed out of the bus, my legs aching from the long journey, they needed to be stretched. My balance was extremely off but I've always been somewhat clumsy, I picked up my bag and wobbled. I heard Jay chuckle behind me and take my bag ever so gently from my trembling hands, it was freezing outside but I wasn't really in a position to complain so I tried to control the shivers but obviously failed as Jay took off his hoodie and handed it to me, I smiled "No, you need it!" I protested, he shook his head and then shook the hoodie in his hand as a demand for me to take it, "Thank you." I mouthed too cold to speak and slid it onto my arms, it was still so warm from his body heat, it felt like heaven against my ice-cold skin, I relaxed a little and I slowly stopped shivering. The cold air was easier to take now, I slowly took Jay's hand, carefully, hesitant. He smiled reassuring me that it was fine, I smiled sweetly back.

We must have been walking for at least half an hour now, it was pitch-black out but Jay made me feel safe, keeping me close to him. We turned to a mansion, okay maybe that's an exaggeration but it was big! It looked like one from a horror movie too, you know like where things go bump in the night and the character was always stupid enough to check it out? That kind of house, what was I letting myself in for? At this point I was uncertain.

But how did a run-a-way afford a house like this?