Chapter Seven: The Run.

Sat here, too scared to move, trembling with fear, sat right where he left me after he lost control and snapped at me. My face still stinging from where he slapped me, the impact sent me back down to the floor, banging my head as I did, the argument was too much for both of us. As the events of this day sank in I became even more petrified of him, I didn't want to be left with him again, ever. I don't even remember what I did to make him so angry! Concussion maybe? Or maybe he lost his temper for no apparent reason, I don't know, I guess I never will. I needed to know to avoid it happening again, maybe I should just run away. I walk out the bathroom, not checking the mirror, I walk past my bed where my phone and Ipod where laying, I walk straight to the window and open it, I couldn't stay here one minute longer, I climb out, getting steady footing on the tree before I begin to climb down, Jay was turning into him, the reason I ran away in the first place, I didn't want to return to the past. Not now, not ever. I go light headed and lose my footing, the rain had made the bark slippy, my grip had gone. I hit the ground, the grass was muddy so my fall didn't make much noise, plus I wasn't far up the tree before I fell. 

I started sprinting, trying to run as fast as I could but the dizziness took over and it wasn't long until I fell, he had probably noticed that I'd gone by now, I doubt he would even care! I stood up after a few tries and took it steadily, I was far enough away from the house now, far enough away from him to feel safe. The rain was coming down hard now but I've always liked the rain, it helped me think, seemed to cleanse souls and wash away the evil, plus the ice cold temperature of it felt amazing on my burning cheek, stinging a little but most probably minimising the swelling.

I found a tree house out of sight, he probably wouldn't look here, I climbed up. I sat in a corner, pulled my knees up and buried my head in them, I let the tears fall, after about an hour of crying I felt sleepy, slowly nodding off.