Chapter 8: Fall Formal (#1)

At the week, that CHS's students had came back from their days off, Sunset Shimmer had enough knowledge about the human world. She continued to walk around the halls. The speaker for the school announcements had turned on, it was Principal Celestia.

She was telling the students, about the rest of the details about The Fall Formal. How, you have to get good grades, be on good behavior, and some other requirements. These things had applied to Sunset, though. "If any girl wants to run.. for the crowned title of 'The Princess of the Fall Formal', or if any of these requirements... apply to you. Then, go to the gym to sign up, the school's Party Committee; Pinkie Pie, will be there, to help you with that." showing what was going on in the principal's office, it showed Pinkie standing next to Celestia's desk.

Pinkie showed a bright smile on her face and went close up to the speaker and started speaking. "Yes, I'll be positively happy, to help anyone, that wants to run for the Fall Formal. Just don't forget, to sign up! Or else, you'll not have a chance, to be on the ballot."

Celestia cleared her throat, loud enough for the pink girl to hear. "Yes, what Ms. Pie, said. And, that's all, for now."

Sunset's eyes widened. I have good grades. I meet some of the requirements to be in the ballot. "I should probably get on, the action. What more, can a girl like me, ask for?" she went to the gym. "Hello? Is there, anybody here?" she took a peek through the room, as she put her hands on the wall. "Watch out! There's a balloon on the loose--"

Air was coming out of a balloon, as it floated around, deflating. If flew straight into Sunset's face. She scoffed in anger.

"I'm sorry!" Pinkie apologized, taking the balloon off of her face. Sunset blew the small strand of her hair, out of her face. "Yah, you better be!" she said, with a harsh glare.

"Sunset Shimmer!? What are you, doing, here?"

Sunset rolled her eyes. "To sign up for the Princess of the Fall Formal! DUH!"

"Oh, you are? Then, why didn't you say, so, silly!?" Pinkie giggled, taking a clipboard out of her hair, along with a pen.

"I just did." Sunset said, bluntly, signing her name in cursive, onto a blank space.

"There! You are officially, a part of the ballot! You're now running, for the Fall Formal!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Gee, thanks." Sunset gave her back the pen and clipboard and also left. Thinking about how to get a lot of votes for herself to win, she started doing the worse thing that anyone could do at school. Gossip.

She was against some other girls in the competition. So, she began spreading gossip, as she was in school. "I've heard that Lyra Heartstrings, has hair extensions."

★★★★★

"Hey, you come here." she gestured to a student. "Me?"

"Yes, you." Muffins walked closer to her. "What.. is it?"

Sunset whispered into her ear. "I've heard that..." then, she told her in a lower tone that only the two of them could hear. "Really? That's--"

"I know, right!? I can't believe that, she still plays with dolls and she still manages to have a boyfriend. Who, ever knew?"

★★★★★

Sunset couldn't help, but make her opponents look bad, she just really wanted to have her hands on the shiny crown. Just one look at it, and it made her, admire it even more. She snickered to herself, walking into the empty halls. "My work, here, is done."