Chapter 4: A Word With You

Sunset Shimmer woke up in the morning, at a early time to get up for her first day at Princess Celestia's gifted magic school for gifted unicorns. Her mother made her breakfast, so she can be filled up with energy for her school day. "Mmm..." Sunset stuffed a spoonful of oatmeal into her mouth. "This is SO good! Especially, with the extra oats!"

"Thanks, Sun, but don't speak with your mouth, full." Sunshine Shimmer said.

Sunset gulped down her oatmeal. "Sorry, Mother, but I couldn't help, myself."

"Anyways, you must hurry up with your breakfast, little one! You don't want to miss your day, at magic school."

Sunset quickly gobbled down the rest of her breakfast and drank her cup of milk, and went to the front door. "Hold up, Sunset!" Sunshine shouted, running up to her, holding something with her magic.

"Here," she said. "What's this, for?"

Sunshine placed the satchel onto the filly's back. "It's your school bag, silly. So.. you can carry your books, and some other stuff, that you will need. I even put your bag of lunch, in it, if you get hungry."

"Thanks!" Sunset was thankful. "But... how do you know, that I'll need lunch?"

"Well, you do know, that I use to be a student of Princess Celestia's. Some other students and I, would take lunch breaks there, you do need to take a break, whether it's reading or just... Hitting the books!" Sunshine giggled. "Now, do you know where the school is? If you don't, I can take you, there, now."

"Um... Yes, I wouldn't want to go there, alone." Sunset opened the door with her magic.

"Ok, sweetie." Sunshine gestured for her to go out the door. "I understand, it's not a problem for me."

★★★★★

"Here we are!" said Sunshine, looking at the gifted magic school. Sunset turned to her, "Thanks, for taking me, here."

"Sure, now, I'll see you at home," Sunshine said good bye with her hoof and took off.

Sunset waved back to her single parent, as she saw her leave, she inhaled and exhaled to herself. "Ok, Sunset, it's your first day, here, at Princess Celestia's magic school for gifted unicorns." she opened back her eyes. "Just calm down and fit in your surroundings." she said to herself, before walking into the hallway and into a room.

She was in the room and looked around in awe, seeing that there were other fillies like her. That wanted to be the best and to be a student of Celestia's. So, this is the magic school, for fillies like me? Sunset blinked, checking to see if it was real or not. It's not a dream, it's REAL! She saw a small unicorn in the background that she heard other ponies calling him, 'Sunburst'. It must of been that unicorn's name.

"Attention, young ones," Celestia said, making a grand entrance, her presence had caused the room to become silent. "You may know, that I have all brought you, here."

Some small fillies nodded at her, while some others, gave themselves a confused glance. "For only one thing.. That each and every one of you.. have great potential." Sunset and several fillies smiled at what she said, "And, intelligence, to study about magic." the alicorn cleared her throat. "Some of you, may proceed a path to become a best student of mines or others will abandon their studies. Choose wisely on what you pick, because this will affect your future."

It turns out that the princess had created a special test for the fillies. Some of them would be eliminated, some of them would choose to abandon their studies/give up, or the last ones would choose to stay, to become students of her's. Many had failed the test, it was only between two fillies now. Sunset Shimmer and Sunburst. They were the only chosen ones that had aced it. Though, Celestia had teached them separately.