Chapter 5: My Ticket To Succeed

Sunset Shimmer felt empty that both of her parents were no longer with her. She did all of the things at her home by herself, she already knew how to cook and clean. It was the morning and she bought a handful of yellow sunflowers and a bouquet of red roses from a flower shop. She went to the cemetery, going next to a pair of graves, that were both next to each other.

Blue tears slid down Sunset's cheeks as she placed the roses at Sunshine Shimmer's place and the sunflowers to the location, to where Cloudy Chance had been buried, since she was a small foal.

She went to face Princess Celestia at her school. She hadn't talked to her, for some days. She decided that she wanted to get back to her studies of magic because she had longed to learn more of it. "Sunset, I'm glad, that you're back, at last. But, are you feeling.. alright, now?"

"Yes, I'm fine." she said.

"That's good to know."

The filly learned some advanced magic spells and such. It was time for lunch and she sat outside at a table. She finished eating, so she continued on with her studying in a book.

"Hey, Sunset Shimmer!"

"Huh?" Sunset turned around and saw several ponies that she hadn't seen in a while, ones that she hanged out with at magic kindergarten.

"It's so great, to see you!" Minuette replied with a very happy smile.

"You know, it's been a while." Twinkleshine said.

"How's it been, as Princess Celestia's pupil?" Lemon Hearts asked.

"Um, hi, what kind of magic, have you been.. working on?" Moondancer shyly said.

Sunset's eyes widened at the many questions that she had been asked. "I've been doing good, as a student of the Princess, I guess. I have been working on tough magic, day by day, too," she said.

"Let's hang out now, at that donut place, that we've been to.. once." suggested Minuette, wanting to catch up with her.

Sunset closed her book, putting it away, "I'm sorry, girls, I can't. I have to keep up, on my magic lessons." she got up from her seat and walked away.

"Sunset Shimmer!" the group of pony friends called out to her, but weren't in time to reach her as she had ran back into the royal Canterlot castle.

Lemon Hearts turned to the rest of her childhood friends. "What do you suppose, has gotten into her?"

"Who knows?" Twinkleshine inquired.

"I wonder, if she'll ever stop.... being caught up in books?" said Moondancer.

In the castle, Celestia was walking through the straight hallway and was looking for somepony. She spotted the one that she had been looking for. "Sunset Shimmer!" she trotted up to her.

"Oh, Princess Celestia!"

"I've been looking for you, please, come with me."

"Come with you? What are we, going to do?"

"I need to show you, something." the two ponies went to a room. Celestia walked up to some sort of large object that was covered up. "What are you, going to show me?" Sunset asked.

"This." the alicorn took off the large cloth that covered it.

"You came to show me, a mirror?"

"It's not just any ordinary mirror, it's one.... that holds some secrets, within it."

"Secrets!? What kind?"

"Well, that is only for you, to find out, Sunset Shimmer, when you're ready, one day."