Chapter 3: Last Day Of Magic Kindergarten

Sunset Shimmer was in magic kindergarten. She went there to learn all of the things about magic that everypony learns when they are small unicorns. There, she met several ponies that introduced themselves to her. Sunset sat down at a desk and they walked up to her. "Hi!" the cheerful unicorn said to her. "What's your name?"

"Me?" Sunset said, pointing to herself with her hoof in confusion. "Yes, you."

"My name is Sunset Shimmer," she revealed her own name.

"Well, my name is Minuette!" the blue unicorn beamed a smile at her. "And these are my other friends!" she brought two other unicorns with her, that were on her left and right. "Hello!" they said to her. "I'm Lemon Hearts, by the way." a yellow unicorn with a curled up blue mane had said.

"Nice to meet you," Sunset replied, but her eyes widened when she spotted a unicorn with a orange straight mane that was hiding behind her, who was trying to not be seen. "Who, are you? And, why are you, hiding away, like that?"

Lemon looked behind herself and noticed her friend, "She's one of our friends. Sorry, about her hiding, she's a shy pony."

"Umm...I-I..." the shy unicorn stuttered. "My name is Moondancer."

"Greetings, Moondancer." Moondancer had a smile upon her face, hearing that sentence come from Sunset's mouth.

"OH! I totally forgot!" Minuette said in a panic, "Here's our last friend, that's in our group." she gestured her hoof to a white unicorn that happened to have the same mane style as Lemon had. She winked at Sunset in a friendly way.  "The name's Twinkleshine!"

"It was a pleasure, to meet all of you." Sunset said. "Wait! Do you want to be friends!?"

"Friends!?" Sunset inquired.

"Yes, friends with us," Minuette explained.

"I-I... Why not!?" Sunset hadn't made any friends at all, so she gladly accepted.

★★★★★

She got even more interested in magic, so her mother decided to enroll her into Princess Celestia's magic school for gifted unicorns. And, she was taken out of magic kindergarten because she was more intelligent than the other ponies. "Do you really want to enroll into this magic school?"

"Yes, I want to be there! More, than anything in the WORLD!"

"Hmm..." Sunshine Shimmer said. "Sounds like, you're really excited for it."

"I am!" Sunset smiled in joy. "I can't wait for it!"

"Ok, Sunset, but to be in it, you have to prove it, and you have to show Princess Celestia and some teachers.. what kind of magic, you really have."

"I do?" Sunset thought about it. "Then, I'll try my VERY best!" she put a hoof up in the air in excitement, for a new challenge to look forward to.

★★★★★

She went to Princess Celestia's school to prove her magic skills, so she would be accepted, to be enrolled in as a student. Good thing, that her mother was practicing with her on magic spells, teleportations, even the usual things that she knew how to do. She walked into a room, where she was to be tested.

There was a group of unicorns that looked like professionals and were observing, even taking down notes onto the sheets of paper that were attached to the brown clipboards. "Sunset Shimmer, step forward," a female unicorn said, reading from a list.

She looked up from the paper and saw Sunset step forward, "You're Sunset Shimmer, right?" she inquired.

"Yes, I am." Sunset said in a nervous tone. Her mother was a spectator from the side lines and so was Celestia. "Okay, then, you may begin. Show us, what you've got."