Pete Wentz

When the moon fell in love with the sun

All was golden in the sky

All was golden when the day met the night

When the sun found found the moon

She was drinking tea in a garden

Under the green umbrella trees

In the middle of summer

**********************************************************************************************************

*----Ryan----*

It was Spring Break and Pete Wentz would be coming in 3 days.

“I’m freaking out,” I started to break down in the middle of band rehearsal. I began pulling at the ends of my hair while Spencer and Jon gave me odd looks. Brendon was dazing off into space again, playing a few chords I couldn’t recognize with a dopey smile on his face. “You,” I pointed at him. “Cut it out! We have 3 days to get our shit in order and you’re…”

“Dude,” Brendon cut me off. “Take a chill pill, okay? We’re going to be fine. We got this okay? If anyone should be worried, it’s me.”

“You got that right,” I huffed. “Where have you been for the past couple of weeks? You’re constantly dazing off and…”

“It’s cause he’s in love,” Jon said happily.

“Well, stop being in love.”

“Ryan, do you know how ridiculous you sound right now,” Spencer chuckled. “That’s like telling you not to wear vests.”

I could feel my face flame up and I stared down at what I was wearing. Like always… I was wearing a vest. “They’re stylish.” 

“Telling Brendon to stop being in love is like telling you to stop putting your hair in the Mohawk.”

“He calls it a ‘Ryhawk’,” Brendon chortled; I could feel my blush spreading.

“Because I own this look. Its way better than any Mohawk type hairstyle you’ve ever seen,” I crossed my arms.

“True,” Jon agreed with me and I smiled at him.

“Well, anyway,” Brendon said. “That’s not what we’re talking about right now. Ryan I know you’re freaking out, hell we all are, but you need to calm down. I really think we’ve got this.”

It was true. We were sounding more like a band and we were already accustomed to each other. We had this.

“You’re right,” I sighed. “I guess I just really want to get out of here, you know?”

Brendon’s lips turned down into a frown and he pulled me into a hug. “You will, Ry.” I could feel the tears falling and I sniffled into his shirt. “Dude, if you’re getting snot on my new shirt, you’re paying for another one!”

I chuckled and instantly felt my gloomy mood lighten. I pulled back and smiled gratefully at Brendon. “I’m sorry, guys. It’s just that I hate having an alcoholic dad and a mom who never seems to give a damn about what I do. My dad’s been running my life for so long, you know? I want to get as far from him as I can. I need to make something of my life.”

“And you will, Ryro,” Spencer stood up and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. “Panic! Is our one-way ticket out of here for all of us. I think we all need to get signed just as badly as you do. My mom’s been having a hard time finding a job since my dad died. If we do this, I can support my mom. I can give her all the money she’ll ever need. If not… I don’t know what’ll happen.”