Who Knew Dating Would Cause So Much Drama?

I’m a disappearing act done poorly

But if I ever get it right, you’ll miss me sorely

I look like the cat that just ate the canary

Coughing up feathers

There’s a “get out of jail” card if I can think of something clever

I’ll plead the fifth on all of this

When you’re chips are down, and your drink are all gone

I’ll still be here, wishing and waiting for you to come home

Kaleidoscope eyes sparkle at the world

My emerald city, downtown girl

In the sickness of you, I’m just a white blood cell

Fighting like hell for you

*****************************************************************************

“What do you mean you think you might have gotten us signed?” Ryan asked his face frozen in shock.

I sighed and looked down at the floor, “Do you guys remember that one time when I asked if I could record your rehearsal?” The boys nodded. “I played around with that tape a little bit, recorded myself saying why I thought you guys should be signed for…”

“For what?” Spencer asked, his eyebrows rose a little. Not in anger but… in interest. I smiled at him.

“Pete Wentz’s new label, Decaydance.”

“WHAT?!?!?!?!?!” They all yelled at me again and I winced.

“You mean to tell us that FOB’s Pete Wentz wants to sign us,” Jon asked in a slow voice. Almost as if it were too hard for him to believe.

“No,” I almost laughed as all of their faces dropped. “He doesn’t know if he wants to sign you until he hears you play live. Once he does, I’m absolutely certain he will want you.”

“When does he want to hear us?” Spencer asked.

“Spring Break,” They had about 2 weeks to prepare. “He’s coming here. To Brendon’s house.”

Before I knew it heavy bodies were on me, picking me up while twirling me around in circles. I was literally getting the life squeezed out of me. I laughed at Jon and Spencer who finally set me down but almost immediately after Ryan scooped me up into his arms gently and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

“Thank you,” Was all he whispered in my ear before releasing me. That caused my eyes to water a little and I beamed at him. I looked around for Brendon. When I saw the front door halfway open. I knew that he was out there. Was he upset with me? Well… there’s only one way to find out. With a deep breath to calm my nerves I slipped out the door and sat saw Brendon sitting on the porch bench; his shoulder hunched over. Hesitantly I walked over to him and sat down quietly.

He had his head in his hands and he was breathing heavily. Tentatively, I placed a hand on his back. When he didn’t tense at my touch, I took that as a good sign and then placed my chin on his left shoulder blade. His ear was near my mouth and I whispered softly to him,

“Are you okay?”

“Why didn’t you tell me, Iz?” His voice was rough.

“I wanted to surprise you,” I could feel my voice shaking. “You have no idea how hard it’s been to keep this from you. I’m sorry.” His head snapped up and he stared at me incredulously.