Dreams...

So, I guess we’re back to us

So, cameraman swing the focus

In case I lost my train of thought

Were ws it that we last left off?

Let’s pick up, pick up

**************************************************************************

*----Izzy----*

Months passed, and before I knew it second quarter had ended. I had only one more semester until I was done with high school.

Where had the time gone?

While I was happy to be moving on with my life, I couldn’t help but feel a mixture of sadness and fear. I’d never walk these halls again with my friends and joke around with them. Once we all graduate we’ll all be spreading out across the US. Going our own direction, growing and learning. Getting jobs and starting families. We would never be as close as we were in high school and that struck me right at the core.

I felt fear because I still had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I knew what I wanted to be, an artist, but where was I going to go? I hadn’t even thought about which colleges I wanted to try out for. Where as Bree has already applying to countless schools. I was completely lost. To be completely honest, I didn’t want to leave high school. I wasn’t ready.

“What’s with the frowning?” Landon nudged me and I broke from my trance. “You’ve been staring off into space looking like someone just killed your puppy. Which is weird… cause you don’t have a dog.” I laughed and I felt the tension in my shoulders ease away. His eyes immediately brightened and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

The thing that I loved about Landon was that he always knew what I needed. When I was sad he found ways to cheer me up. When I was depressed he knew how to handle me. When I was angry he let me vent out my feelings before calming me down. He just knew. I didn’t even need to tell him what I was feeling and he would understand. I smiled at him as I remembered the times when it was like we were literally joined at the hip.

Since middle school it had been him and I against the world. Then Bree came into our lives and we immediately loved her. After that it had been the three of us that were always together.

“I love you, you know,” I asked him. The corners of his mouth lifted up and he pulled me tighter into his side.

“I love you too, Shrimpy,” I rolled my eyes at the nickname but didn’t say anything. “I’m going to miss you.”

Those five words brought tears to my eyes and I couldn’t stop them this time, “I’m going to miss you too, Bubba. I don’t know what I’m going to do without you.”

“Hey,” He said in a soft voice to me. “I never said that we would never see each other again but,” He let out a gust of air. “We will be moving away from here. Chances are we’ll only see one another on breaks. It won’t be easy and you’ve been there for me in so many ways. I should be the one worried about not having you at my side.”

“We’re never going to be the same though,” I cried. “You’ll always be my favorite guy in the world though, Landon. Nothing will ever change that.”

“Not even Brendon?”

“Not even Brendon,” I confirmed. “Me and Brendon are close but you and I we’re…” I struggled for the words.

“We’re like yin and yang.”

“Right,” I smiled at the old term he use to use to describe us all the time. “Complete opposites yet we work.”