I'll Believe In You {A Brendon Urie} Love Story

You remind me of a former love that I once knew

And you carry a little peace with you

We were holding hands walking through the middle of the street

It’s fine with me I’m just taking in the scenery

Take a chance, take your shoes off, dance in the rain

I was splashing around and the news spread all over town

I’m not complaining that it’s raining I’m just saying that I like it a lot

More than you think, if the sun would come out and sing with me

 “Smile, Izzy! It’s our senior year!” My best friend, Bree, said excitedly. I laughed at her and watched her bounce down the hallway to our lockers. “I don’t want you moping around this year, okay? This is it. This is our year.”

I sighed, “I know, B. I just… things haven’t been going the way I’ve wanted them to go for the past 3 years. I just feel like this year isn’t going to change.”

“Not with that attitude it’s not!” She huffed. “You want change? Make it happen. Don’t wait for it to be given to you, Izzy. Plus, not everything is suppose to go the way you plan but in the end… things have a way of working itself out.”

“Why do you always sound like a walking fortune cookie?”

She snorted, “Because, I’m your best friend and I know how you operate.” I rolled my eyes. “But seriously, listen to me. We’ve only got this year before we’re heading off to god knows where, We’ve got to make the best of it.”

“You’re right.”

“I know I am.” She smiled smugly at me, I opened my mouth to say something to her but I was bumped in the shoulder by a girl rushing to something behind me.

“An ‘excuse me’ would have been nice!” I called at her. She didn’t turn around. Bitch.

“Why are all those girls over there?” Bree asked. I stopped rubbing my sore shoulder and looked at the cluster of girls surrounding something. They were all whispering to each other excitedly and giggling.

“I don’t know… cheerleading sign ups?” I guessed.

“I hate cheerleaders.” Bree narrowed her eyes.

“I know you do.” I chuckled.

“Wait, that can’t be it.” She said. “Cheerleading had their tryouts last month. There’s something else going on, let’s check it out.” She pulled me along with her and joined the cluster of girls.

I tried to see over all of their heads by standing on my tippy toes but I still couldn’t see anything. I saw my other friend Tate amongst the crowd of excited girls and called her over.

“What’s going on?” I asked her.

She shrugged. “Well I just asked Rachel and she said that apparently there’s this super hot guy that just moved here. I’ve been trying to get past everyone to see exactly how ‘hot’ he really is but I’ve gotten no such luck.”

Oh…

“So all of these girls are just trying to talk to him?” I asked to which she nodded. I rolled my eyes. “Unbelievable. Alright, well I just lost interest.”

“Me too.” Bree said and followed me. Tate stayed back with Rachel and continued fighting her way through the crowd to get a peak.

Great just what we need… Another self-centered jerk like the rest of em’.