Love and Truth...

You and Me

In a proverbial tree

It’s such a mystery why you’re here

And you became as clear as cellophane

My voice of reasoning

I don’t think I can take the way you make me out to be

I’m just setting, I’m just setting a trap

And I’m not pulling, no

I’m not pulling for ya

************************************************************************************ 

*----Izzy----*

I was freaking out! What the hell am I going to tell, Brendon? He already knows when I’m lying and he’s not going to settle for anything but the truth. I’m so dead!

KNOCK! KNOCK!

“Oh, shit,” I whimpered and took a couple deep breaths to steady myself. Why did I give him that note? I should have just kept my mouth shut and waited till he forgot about it. But I needed to do this so I could get it out of my system. Hesitantly I opened the door and was greeted by a rain-soaked Brendon who was shaking the water from his hair and a goofy smile played across his perfect lips.

Gah, what am I thinking! Get your head out of the gutter, Izzy!

“Hey, Iz,” He said. “Sorry about getting your carpet wet. The rain just came out of no where.”

“It’s okay,” I was surprised at how weird my voice sounded to me. I looked at Brendon for any weird expression on his face but there was none. Oh well, maybe it’s just me. “Come in.”

He did and we went to the living room. “So…” I started awkwardly.

“What was with you today?” He asked bluntly and I took in a sharp breath of air. I didn’t want to deal with this so quickly.

“Something happened,” I responded vaguely. “Something embarrassing. That I really don’t want to share with you but I think it’s best if I do so that way we can move on past this. Hopefully.”

“Bree, said as much,” Brendon nodded and threw a casual arm over the back of the couch.

“She told you?”

“Not everything.”

Oh thank God

“Well, just promise not to…”

“Freak out,” He finished for me. “I got it.”

“Alright,” I started. “This morning I had a dream. I was at school and I had no idea how I got there. Thinking that I was just having an off day, I didn’t pay any attention to that and thought the dream was real. I was walking down the hallway and I heard you playing…”

I told him the rest of my dream, aside from the part about Decaydance, and he sat there, never moving and he kept his eyes on my face the whole time. His expression was blank so I didn’t know what to make of it.

“Things got… heated,” My face flamed up and I turned my gaze to the floor. “And when I reached for your shirt I woke up. Towards the end of the dream I knew that it wasn’t real anymore. Because, one, I could feel myself waking up and, two, because I could hear Bree’s voice calling for me. So yeah…”

It was dead silent…

I was afraid to say anything but after a while of the heavy awkwardness I stood and began to make my way to the stairs. Suddenly, Brendon’s warm hand grasped my forearm sending shocks of pleasure through my body. He pulled my back flush to his chest and cupped my face in his hands.