you can trust me

Niall's POV:

"You will regret this" I say to Tom, the production manager through my teeth. What a rude guy. He cannot take Ellie and Olivia out of this competition whether he likes it or not. Everyone else is nothing compared to them on this show and they will be the contestants that keep this show together this season. I grunt and turn away, only to see Ellie standing there in shock, tears trickling down her cheeks as she stands their with her palms on her mouth.

"Ellie, they..."

"Don't, just don't, please" she replies sobbing.

She turns around to walk away. No, I'm not letting this happen. She's staying on this show whether they like it or not. She's got the looks and voice of a pop star and they don't realise it.

Before she has a chance to get out of reach, I run towards her and grab her in my arms, pulling her towards my chest. She has a constant urge to pull away but I don't let her.

"They don't know what their on about, their selfish and they don't know when something special is right in front of their eyes and they're about to let it go" I say as I rest my chin on her forehead, caressing it as if she was mine. I wish she will be mine. One day.

I don't think anyone understands how much she needs this. She's one of the most talented people I have met and one of the most beautiful. When I first saw her staring at me through the car window, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. I knew it was my chance to look into those beautiful brown eyes and talk to her as if it would never happen again. She needs this. I need this. I need her.

I never believed in starting to love someone even after the smallest amount of Time, but it feels like I have known her forever. I always knew that you could not possibly like someone after meeting them for the first time, but she's...different.

"Why, Niall? Why?" she sobs into my chest.

"They think you and Olivia are too..." I trail off knowing my choice of words would hurt her and I don't want that. They told me they were too nice to go in the competition and they would be a target from all the other competitors. If something happened, they would break down.. mentally and physically. I would never want that to happen but Ellie was telling me last night how it had been her dream to become famous. She said singing is all she feels comfortable doing. She's smart.. very smart, but she doesn't feel like she needs to rush into Uni or a job just yet. She wants to chase her dreams and put them first, that way if she fails, she has a back-up plan.

"What? We're too what?" she asks, still crying.

I sigh. "Fragile"

She looks up at me, her eyes are so red from crying. She still looks beautiful but disappointment is clear on her face. She rubs her eyes with the palm of her hand and shifts back slightly, still looking at me.

"What?" she says quietly. "How?"

"They said you girls are too nice to keep in the competition. If something happens between you girls and the other contestants, you guys would break down mentally and maybe even physically" I tell her. I can feel my eyes getting watery but I keep back my tears. Seeing her like this is unbearable. Why do people have to be such assholes these days?

She seems to have quietened down a bit before she takes a deep breath and starts to speak.

"Why does everyone think that because I have too much damn respect for myself and others that I'm fragile?! There's no way in hell I would mess with anyone from this show! Why do they have to mess with my dreams?" she says bringing her tears back again as she grabs my shirt and pulls me closer to her so she can lean on my chest.

"They're trying to mess with your dreams, but I won't let that happen I swear. Its not their choice. Its Guy's final decision, not theirs and he adores you two. He knew you guys would work well together and make a great team. If he thought the same as the production team did, then he wouldn't have kept you in the competition, trust me" I tell her. I can feel a slight smile against my chest as her crying stops and I kiss her head while bringing her face back up so I can see her.

"Thank you Niall, I just hope your right" she tells me.

"I know I'm right, you can trust me with your life" I tell her and it seems as if none of that crying happened as her face lights up, her eyes shining and glowing, not just from the lights above but from her happiness. She smiles and I have to take in every detail of this moment. She's beautiful and I think I'm in love with her.