Challenge no.2

Last night with Niall and the boys was the best night of my life. They all have such great personalities and they are very welcoming. I still find it strange how all of a sudden, my biggest dream is turning into reality.

I always thought I knew what the boys from one direction were like, even when I hadn't met them. My thoughts were very close but they are even funnier, sweeter and hotter off camera and when your in a conversation with them, your heart is fluttering. They're not judgemental at all like other celebs are and they aren't even up themselves. Their really nice guys and my time with them last night makes me want to see them over again.

I'm wide awake at the thought that I will be seeing Niall again in less than half an hour. I've been chatting with Olivia for the past hour and she's a really sweet girl. I like how its my second day and I've already become quite close with someone. I wouldn't say she's my best friend but she's becoming closer to that every time we talk.

"Hey girls how are you?" Linda says as she approaches us. Linda and Olivia have to be the nicest people here from our age group.

"Pretty good, yourself?" Olivia speaks first.

"Not bad. I just wanted to wish you guys luck for today. I hope you and I get through"

"I hope that happens too" I say with a polite smile.

I'm not the kind of person who tries to make people feel uncomfortable. I was brought up with manners and always tried my hardest to accept people.

When I was 12 years old, I started going through a tough time. My parents Robert and Julia had divorced just before my 13th birthday. That's when I started losing a bit of respect and my sister always complained about me being a bitch. I guess all girls are like that but some realise it and some don't. Some try and do something about it while others couldn't care less. Me on the other hand thought that if I wanted to have a Happy and positive life, I should change the way I act. From then on I have always done my best to do things for others and also myself. I became very independent from the age of 14 and that's when my grades started going over the scale.

I guess the more respect you have for yourself, the better you will feel. Its a great feeling and if I hadn't changed my attitude at that age, it would have stuck with me and I would be living my life being called a bitch and sometimes even worse names behind my back.

I'm not saying I was a goody goody but I definitely knew what was right and wrong. Like any other teenager I got in fights, not so many physical but mostly yelling.

Although I had came out of those fights swearing I would never be in one again, I couldn't help it.

I got bullied when I was 15. I always was the target of bullying because I was too nice to people and sometimes wouldn't do anything about it. I didn't have a lot of guts but I did what I could and walked away.

I wasn't terrifyingly skinny like all the other girls in my year level. I wasn't fat either but I was average. I worked out and ate healthy but apparently being 'average' or 'normal' wasn't good enough in society.

____________________________________________________

"Hello Girls, welcome to boot camp day 2" Guy says as we walk on stage.

"Hope you all enjoyed your day yesterday" Niall says whilst looking at me with a smile on his face. I blush.

"C'mon Guy, we're all itching to find out what our next challenge is" I say with a giggle.

"Fine, fine" Guy laughs.

"You will all be singing solo songs today with only two hours to select a song and rehearse it. Today isn't necessarily about who can get the highest note. It's about which 6 of you have the best vocal ability. You guys can sing a song that has no high bits, I don't care, just as long as you put emotion in the song and sing the best you can. Its all about the voice" Guy says.

"Chop chop girls" Niall says while clapping his hands together and moving his head and body. He does that a lot in interviews, even when he speaks. He like tilts his head to the side really quickly. I find it cute. Just like him.

The girls all walk out while Guy tells Olivia and I to stay on stage.

"So have you girls had enough Time to come up with a name yet?" he asks us.

"Ellie and I decided that choosing a name for a duo isn't very necessary or appealing so we are just going with Olivia and Ellie. We know its nothing too fancy but its simple and easy to remember. We want to be remembered" Olivia replies confidently.

"I like it. I think their right, they don't want to cause too much drama with a name. They would have to decide after boot camp anyway" Niall butts in.

I smile at him and nod my head in a 'thank you' gesture. He smiles back as Guy dismisses us.

-------------------------------------------------

"Do you have any song ideas?" I ask Olivia as we get sorted into our rehearsal room.

"I'm not sure. Considering we both have a sweeter voice than an overpowering one, I think we should sing a song with more emotion to it and kind of like a slow song. You know what would be cool? If we sang like a One Direction one or Ed Sheeran.. or maybe even Pink!?" Her face lights up at the name of Pink.

"I know quite a lot of their songs on guitar and piano, so instead of having to find a backing track, I can play an instrument!?" I ask her and she nods excitedly.

"This will be perfect!" she squeels.

"What about I don't believe you by Pink?" I suggest.

"Let's try it!"

"Alright, I'll be back I'll just go ask for a guitar and a capo!"

I walk off in hope to find Guy to ask him where we could get one. I can't find him anywhere. I spot Niall behind one of the stage curtains talking to someone. He doesn't notice me and I don't want to interrupt his conversation although its quite urgent.

"Do you know how good they are?! You can't just do that, the X Factor is about peoples voices and finding talents, not about whether or not the production team wants them on the show or not!" Niall yells silently, anger clear in his voice.

"Its not your choice Niall" the unknown voice says. "I'm telling guy to take Olivia and Ellie out whether you like it or not, they don't suit the competition" they continue and Niall kicks the wall at his choice of words.

"You will regret this big time and I'm not letting this happen" Niall says through his teeth. He grunts and turns to walk away, his face red with anger... until he sees me, standing there in shock with tears trickling down my cheeks.