Goosebumps

It felt like hours before I was beginning to do last minute preparation before my audition. My sister and dad decided it would be better if they just sat in the audience and watched my performance rather then being there before I walked on stage, which I was glad about, otherwise I would chicken out and feel like there was too much pressure on me.

I was just about to walk up the stairs leading to the stairs when I suddenly remembered my conversation with Niall earlier and a small grin appeared on my face.
"You'll do great" he said to me. What if I don't? What of I totally mess up and he's sitting their watching me laughing to himself at how horrible I am?

I can't stop thinking about my encounter with this girl from my high school when I was in year 7.
"Just shut up and stop singing, you think your so good but your really terrible. Your voice is just like every other try hards voice and no matter how hard you'll try, you'll never make it big" she said. I've learnt from then. I've learnt that people are just there to sabotage your dreams or career so they can have a better shot at it. This girl, Rebecca her name was, was one of those snobby rich girls who always objectified people and made them feel bad for her own amusement. This was enough to bring my heart down but I realised that nothing can be perfect. If you want to for fill your dreams, then you have to just Dodge the hurdles. If you fall, pick yourself up and keep going. This was back in 2013 when I was 13 years old so I have had plenty of time to recover and not worry about her anymore. After all, she just says rude things to bring her own confidence up.

My thoughts fade as the stage manager says "ready love?" and waits for my response. I nod at him and then look at my mum with a slightly small smile. She gives me a reassuring smile and I walk on stage from Behind the left curtain.

All I notice first are the judges. I feel quite sick when I see Ronan Keating there, knowing I need to please him, but my nerves lighten when I see Dani Minogue sitting to his left. From what I've seen, she's a great mentor. She's always sweet on stage and never brings anyone down. If she feels like she has negative thoughts, she brings The person back up with a smile or a compliment. On her left, there's Guy Sebastian and next to him, Natalie Bassingthwaighte. I know that they are very sweet people too.
The crowd is quite large and my nerves are taking the better of me as I sit on the stool in front of the microphone on stage.

"Hello, what's your name" Dani speaks first.
"Hi, my names Ellie Bauhn and I'm 17 years old."

The crowd cheers and I feel less worried.

"That's lovely, have you ever sung like this before or had concerts from singing lessons?" Ronan says.

I've sung twice at my school concert, but that was with a group of friends so I wasn't as nervous. I've never had singing lessons either so it makes me feel like I have tonnes of predators and I'm the prey, all because their professional singers.

I gulp.
"I have sang twice at my school concerts but that was with four other people and no, I have never had singing lessons so I'm quite nervous as to whether I fit in or not" I say giggling afterwards.
Natalie looks at Ronan, his eyes focused on mine.

"Wow, no singing lessons and your showing up for an audition for the biggest show in Australia. Well globally?" he questions me but Guy speaks first.

"Many many people are much better with a natural talent than they are with one with a tampered one" and I can't help but smile at his comment. It made me feel much better.

"What will you be singing Darling? and are you playing guitar too?" Dani points to the musical instrument in my arms.

"Haha, yes I am and I'll be performing 'Empire state of mind' by Alicia Keys. I reply confidently.
I hear a slight 'ooooo' from the crowd but dismiss their playful attitude.

"Alright, whenever your ready" Ronan says.

I take a deep breath and start strumming an 'E' chord and when I've finished with the intro, I sing my first line.
'Grew up in a town, that is famous as a place of movie scenes...' the audience starts to cheer and a smile grows on Guys face. As I keep singing the first verse, judge by Judge smile except Ronan.

'In new York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do..' Ronan's face lights up and says
"This is unbelievable"
The crowd cheers and I feel much more confident. As I finish the bridge, Ronan gets up off his seat and stands on the desk. Wow!! The other judges are standing and clapping and when I finish the song, the crowd cheers like mad.

My hand covers my mouth as I smile really idiotically and the judges compliment me, Ronan still on the desk smiling.

"That was unbelievable well done love, its a yes from me" Ronan says. They all agree with him and I get 4 'yes' ' making me run into my mums arms as I leave the stage. I let go of my mum and someone grabs my shoulder and pulls me into a hug.