Chapter Twenty - Unedited

This book is now available for purchase on Tapas! Please download the app (https://tapas.io/) available on both Apple and Android and search for the book to support it!

~

Chapter Twenty

It was like triangle of death. I had a sword aimed at Arthur, and he had his aimed at me, then Harrison had one aimed at both of us. Arthur grabbed a sword from one of his guards and aimed it at Harrison, which startled both of us. I was the only one left with one sword.

"Harrison, please, I'm your father! Bound by blood!" Arthur cursed, his eyes not leaving me.

"You were going to kill my own mother. I could see it in your eyes. Tyson wouldn't have been enough for you, would it?" Harrison snapped, and even though I was watching Arthur, I could hear the emotion leaking from his voice.

Arthur rolled his eyes, "I wouldn't have. She is my wife!"

Harrison clenched his jaw, holding back tears that were fighting to arise, "You would have killed her. You were going to kill Arabelle, still will if I let you go!"

"Harry, she is going to kill me!" Arthur growled, and glanced around. The people around, those who remained alive, were beginning to stop and watch. I would too, if my commander was one move away from being dead.

"That's why I'm not letting her go either." Harrison snapped, turning to me, his eyes showing betrayal, "And you...I thought you loved me, Arabelle."

I bite my lip, feeling guilt wash over me like a tidal wave, "I still do, Harry, I just-"

"He's my father, Arabelle!"

"I know Harry," I said, taking a shaky step forward, noticing that Harrison didn't take a threatening move towards me as I did, "I really am sorry that I am doing this. You know why I need to."

Harry shook his head in disbelief, "You don't need to spill blood to fill your stupid legend."

That's what got through to me. Why I really wanted to kill Arthur. "It's not that Harry. It's because he forced me to run from those I love, he killed people dearest to me! He killed my brothers! Then now, he is the one that made sure Evangelina and Kaloua are dead. I never even got to say goodbye..." I blinked back tears, knowing now wasn't the time for weakness.

"So," Harry said, his voice taking on something dark, "You are going to kill my father anyway."

I gritted my teeth. My next words could let me loose Harry forever. I had been struggling for so long to get him, and now I could loose him. I could see in his eyes that he didn't want me to kill his father, but I knew he could understand me, somewhere deep down, he knew my thoughts were to serve justice.

I let my arm towards Arthur drop. "No. Not if I loose someone else I love in the process." I turn my eyes to Harry, the eyes that were now filled with tears, "I've lost too many of them today."

Harrison let his swords drop and rushed over to me, drawing me into his arms. I began to cry in his arms, and I felt him stroking my hair, the slight movement somehow overwhelmingly comforting. "Thank you, Belle. Thank you so much."

He pulled away and looked me in the eyes, flooding his love through me, "I promise I will lock him away. He won't be allowed to hurt anyone else again." Harrison whispered, taking my sword from my hand. He turned around and faced Arthur, who was standing there still with both swords. He had a cocky smile on his face.

"Oh, how romantic. A perfect ending! Arabelle gets to keep her one true love, and then the evil king gets locked away forever. How sweet, you thought I would be so considerate."