Chapter Eighteen - Unedited

This book is now available for purchase on Tapas! Please download the app (https://tapas.io/) available on both Apple and Android and search for the book to support it!

~

Chapter Eighteen

"Wow...that could actually be really helpful." I say with excitement, my eyes wide with curiosity. Before I had doubted if anything they could do would help but now...

Tyson snaps me from my thoughts, "You got the plan?"

I nod, "You two will make sure Arthur is outside for one reason or another early morning. But before dawn I get my troops in, then I will fly in and yada yada."

"But make her the 'yada yada' is actually-." Christian scolds me and I roll my eyes,

"I've got it under control, Captain. But aren't I meant to be the boss of this?"

Christian pretends to think before grinning, "Nope."

Monte clears his throat loudly and I look up, "Yes?"

"It's time to go." He says quietly and ushers his two friends out, leaving just me and my, well, my family. Christian hugs his parents, then moves over to the wall for me. I look at Teresa and nod a goodbye and good luck to her, then turn to Tyson. He gives a sad smile,

"Time will let you forgive me."

I nod simply and turn away, rushing towards where Kaloua would be waiting before I let my tears spill. This is too much for me to bear. I am grateful that Christian wanted to hide this from me! But oh well. We climb up the tree and mount our dragons again, but Kaloua senses something wrong,

'Belle, what is it?'

I shake my head, 'Nothing, nothing. Just go, and I will explain later.'

He nods and takes off. I hear Nadi take off after, and I hear her voice in my head,

'Christian told me it all ages ago, Belle, I'm sorry. If I had known you didn't know I would have told you-'

'Don't worry about it, it's fine.' I say softly to her but don't bother looking her way. I think about the plan, wanting to distract myself from thoughts of Tys-dad. It just didn't feel natural to say "dad". He had been dead, or hidden as I know now, for so long I can't bring myself to put him back in my mind as living, not a fond memory. And now the fondness is gone, because, well, he did cheat on my mother. Even if she was horrible to me, she was still my mother.

Tyson didn't even care about her, Evangelina or even me, his precious child, when he faked his death. I can only hope there is more to the story than what I know, there was a reason for just dropping me. I look back to see Chrisrian in deep thought and know he must be blaming himself for my hatred - and love, mixture - for my dad. I guess he also heard them wanting to run off without me, just him and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth. Already I hate her. I guess it's just the jealousy of her taking my spot as Tyson's beloved child. I still feel like I am meant to be his darling child, who no one would ever hurt in fear of his wrath. At least my half-sister can have a loving father, who won't need to share his affections with a grown woman. Someday I will make sure we sit down and have a talk, try to become friends, I think to myself. More than anything I want to be a better elder sister than my own. Even if Evangelina and I have always secretly loved each other as sisters, we never really showed it.

I guess that's how siblings are though. They argue, fight, and never get along, until you realise just how much you really do need them. And right now, I need as much family and friends as I can get.