Chapter 2 | When A Bad Boy Saves You From Cracking Your Skull

Honestly, I didn't believe Zahra at first. I mean, she's pretty unpredictable. She might be telling you something in a serious way but yet is being sarcastic and ironic.

Also, I didn't believe Isabela and Bianca would be hitting each other. Neither Isabela nor Bianca have been violent; they were sweet and nice girls who were well known for their kindness and gratitude. As long as they are ripping each other's hair out and punching each other in the jaw, they are displaying the opposite. I watched in horror as everyone urged them on, chanting "Fight! Fight!"

The crowd isn't big, but it starts to grow in size as students yards away start to notice the cluster of students and wonder what's going on. Zahra says, "I told you so," as if she just read my previous thoughts. I glare at her, because she isn't making the situation any better.

"Zahra, we got to do something. They're gonna end up in the emergency room if this is not going to be stopped soon." I tug on Zahra's arm to urge her to help me break up the fight. She shakes her head.

"We will just get involved in the fight. Besides, it won't be long until a teacher will come and break it up," she says as if reading my thoughts again.

"Er, sorry to rain on your parade, but I thought Muslims are all about peace, right?" I challenge daringly. Zahra is such a zealous supporter of 'peace and harmony'. She was even president of the club responsible for decreasing the number of fights and bullies in the school last year. And I know that she hasn't changed much.

Zahra shakes her head once again. "I know, but I do not want anyone else getting hurt. I promise you, a teacher will come soon. But if that does not happen, then I'll break it up," she assures me.

"Aaaahhhh!" Someone howls in pain. Isabela is writhing on the floor in agony, clutching her face. It's covered with a crimson liquid, and I quickly realize that it's blood. I start to feel nauseous and lose all consciousness. Someone is quick to catch me before I crack my skull.

This doesn't happen often, but the sight of blood - don't get me wrong, not a speck of blood, more like a gallon of it - really gets me a bit dizzy and unconscious. I don't have a phobia or anything like that - it just disgusts me to realize that someone has shed blood.

Right now, that someone is Bianca.

As pathetic as it sounds, I let unconsciousness overpower me. My vision gets blurry, voices get muffled, and my eyes close. I let the darkness embrace me into a deep sleep.

___

"...just fainted. Maybe it was because she saw the blood," a deep husky voice says.

"Do you know her? " a familiar female voice asks with a hint of a  British accent.

"Nah, I just noticed her, and I new she was about to faint. It was a good thing I caught her." Even though my eyes are closed, I know that whoever is talking is grinning ear to ear right now.

"Son, don't worry for her. She doesn't seem to have suffered any injuries, and her blood pressure and body temperature seem pretty stable. And it is a good thing that you saved her from a broken ankle - or possibly a cracked skull," the woman jokes with a chuckle. Why joke when that could have possibly happened if it weren't for the guy who saved me?!

"Thank you, Nurse Sandy."

"No problem, dear," the nurse replies back.

I open my eyes because I can't stand it anymore. They are making conversation, knowing that I have fainted and the crowd of people who were gathered around Isabela and Bianca have witnessed it. I am such an idiot to do that. Now everyone knows that Kayla McGrady is terrified of blood. Rumors must have spread around school by now that she had been miraculously saved by a hunky yet charming guy. And these two are making conversation.