Chapter 4

I sit in my bathtub filled with bubbles and I stare at the water. My phone is next to me on the hamper. Gabby hasn’t texted me for 2 days, so I’m keeping it close by. I don’t know why I don’t text her first. I hope she’s okay though. I lay the side of my head on my knees as they are pulled to my chest. My fall falls from my shoulder into the bath getting wet. I should get a haircut, but Gabby says she likes it long. My hair length is where the bottom of my bra cup is. It’s not as thick as people think it would be because it’s so long. It’s actually thin; it’s kind of an emo-scene haircut, but not too much. Gabby’s hair is a little above her shoulder’s. God, she’s so beautiful….

          “Text me!” I yell at the phone.

          I stare at it to see no text still. Why am I being this way? It’s stupid.

          I take a deep breath reaching over to the towel and I dry my hands off. I lift up my phone above the ground so I don’t drop it in water and I pull up her number.

          Me: Hey. I haven’t heard from you in 2 days. Is everything okay?

          I wait a little bit to see if she’ll text me back. I stare at the bright screen on my phone.

          Gabby: Sorry. I have been thinking a lot lately. I broke up with Gregg, I think I’m in love with someone else. I shouldn’t have an excuse for not talking to you though.

          Really…? She’s in love with someone else…

          Me: It’s okay. You probably deserved better than Gregg anyways. You’re so kind and sweet. You need someone who will make you happy.

          Gabby: Glad you think so :)

          Me: Of course :)

          I unplug the plug to the bath and get out. I wait for Gabby to text me back, but I kind of did cut the conversation short so I guess she doesn’t know what to say to that. I wrap the towel around me.

          Gabby: What are you doing?

          Me: Oh nothing. I got done taking a bath. See.

          I send an attachment of a picture of me in the towel and giving a peace sign while smiling like an idiot. It might make her smile so it’s worth the try.

          Gabby: Haha, cute ;)

          Me: What’s cute?

          Gabby: Your towel. You exposed a little too much. Haha. So I said cute.

          I look at the picture I sent her. Well she’s right my cleavage is showing. It’s not like I could help that. My stupid C sized breasts.

          Me: Haha, you like it ;)

          Gabby: Maybe… ;)

          I pause for a moment. Am I flirting with her right now? Shit, I feel like she’s a guy asking for dirty pictures or something. Well that’s on her, not me. She started it….

          Gabby and I texted for a while. I learned a little more about her. She has two sisters, one’s older, and one’s younger, so she is the middle child. She has a long white-line scar down her back from falling off a golf-cart into a bush with a bunch of thorns. I bet that really hurt. But I told her some things about me too. Like how I’ve lived most of my life being anti-social.

          Tomorrow she wants to meet me at the pier to watch fireworks. They’re going to be shooting off fireworks. I’m not sure why though. I think it’ll be fun. I know for sure it’ll be beautiful, especially with her by my side.

          Before we went to bed we sent each other a couple of more texts.

          Gabby: I don’t want you to go back to Michigan :(

          Me: Me neither. You’re my only best friend.

          Gabby: Can you promise me something Haylie?

          Me: Sure anything you want me to promise.

          Gabby: Promise you’ll be my best friend forever. Even when you’re in Michigan. Promise not to make anyone else your best friend haha ;)

          Me: Haha, I promise.

          I’m glad that she wants to keep in touch with me. That makes me so happy.

          Gabby: Okay, I’m going to hit the hay, okay hay? Haha.

          Me: Okay. Goodnight, have wonderful dreams.

          Gabby: Have more wonderful dreams than I. Goodnight.

          Okay. I’m officially in love.

          She’s everything anyone could ever want in a person. She’s smart, funny, and nice. She makes me feel good about myself even when I know I’m not beautiful.

          I thank her that every day. She tells me I don’t have to, but I want to, because she’s the only one that has ever made me feel beautiful. She’s the only one that has made me smile and laugh so much. She’s the only one who has made me open up.

          She’s the only one…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry if the chapter is short. Chapter 5 will surely be long. Thank you for reading. It means a lot

Love. Peace. Vote. Comment.