Chapter 7

NOTE:----------------> This is the end. I warned you and said it was a short story so lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Gabby! Gabby!” I start to yell as I’m running towards her.

            “What?!” She says in a worried tone.

            I hug her tightly smiling big. I pull away and look at her. “I think I might be able to convince my mom of letting me live with my grandparents! She’s always busy when I’m in school, so why not?”

            Gabby’s face lights up and she starts dancing around excited. I laugh at her being a weird person.

            “That’s so great! That’s incredible!” She looks at me smiling and gives me a big kiss.

            “I can be here with you… and be able to see you every day…”

            She holds my hand. “That would be the best thing ever!” She says still excited.

            I stare out at the ocean. I feel like my life is falling into place. As if everything that’s happening now was meant to happen.

            We sit a while on the beach watching people go by or children playing in the sand. I watch the endless waves thinking about how our lives could be changed by this. I hope my mom agrees with it. I will miss her a lot, but she’s always busy at work when I’m living with her anyways.

            “Hey, you should come over to my house hay.” Gabby suggests.

            “Your house? Okay. That sounds fun.”

            Going over to her house and being alone would be amazing. I wonder what her house looks like, or even her room.

            So we get up walking away from the beach and we ride our bikes towards her house. I stay behind her so I can follow her. I don’t know why she’s letting me come over, because I think her family is very strict. I would think she’d have to get permission first. Don’t get in trouble Gabby.

            We start riding our bikes up-hill into a drive way. I stop in awe staring at her house. It’s huge!

            Gabby looks back at me. “That’s the same reaction I get whenever someone comes over for the first time.” She giggles.

            “Can you blame them? It’s soooo huge.”

I continue to pedal and park my bike outside of her front door.

“My parents’ aren’t here. They’re at some meeting.” She says as she puts her key into the front door. She unlocks it and opens it. I stand in the doorway frozen as I see her house decorated beautifully. The ceiling is very very high up, so it’s open. The stairs have beautiful hardwood floors on them. I could definitely enjoy living in a place like this.

She snaps her fingers in front of my face. I shake my head and look at her. “Wow…”

“Come on…” She smiles grabbing my hand and walks me through the house. I stare around all over. It’s very open and I like that.

She walks me upstairs and shows me her room. I look around and then back at her.

“What?” She asks.

“Nothing. Your room complements your personality.”

“And how is my personality?”

“Free-spirited, happy.” I smile.