Chapter 6

“You’re going to get yourself into a mess…” I think about what Gabby said the next day. I still don’t know what she means by that. I’m afraid to ask though.

            I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. I finally kissed her. This is amazing…

            I hear my phone go off and I look at it. Gabby texted me.

            Gabby: Can you meet me at the rock where we first met?

            Me: Yeah, be there in 15 minutes.

            Gabby: Okay, I love you :)

            Me: I love you too :)

            I put my phone in the back of my shorts. Gabby said she really likes me in my shorts. Okay, okay she said I looked hot in them so that’s why I’m wearing shorts again.

            I slip my flip-flops on and I walk down the stairs.

            “Are you going somewhere dear?” My grandma asks peering out of the living room.

            “Yeah, to the beach. Gabby wants to meet me there.” I smile.

            “Okay, be back soon.”

            I kiss her on the cheek and walk out the door. I get on my bike and start riding it to the beach.

            I run over to the rocks after locking my bike up and I climb up them. I see Gabby and I smile big. I walk up behind her wrapping my arms around her stomach. I kiss the back of her neck. She jumps a little and giggles.

            She turns around and faces me.

            “Hey you.” She smiles.

            “Hey…” I stare in her eyes.

            “Sit.” She demands.

            I stare at her weirdly. “Okay?” I laugh a little. I sit down and so does she.

            “You’re going back to Michigan in a few weeks right?”

            Why does she have to bring that up? I frown a little and reply. “Yeah…”

            “I found a rock, a blue-ish green-ish rock. It reminds me of our eye colors. So…”

            She reaches in her pocket and pulls out two necklaces each with the same colored rock. I stare at it. It’s really beautiful.

            “I broke it in half, drilled a hole near the top of it, and put a leather string around it. I want you to have the other half.” She hands me one of the necklaces. I rub my finger over it. It’s very… smooth. It’s not bigger than the palm of my hand; it fits in the middle perfectly.

            “Wow…” I say softly.

            “It’s so beautiful… and smooth.” I look at her smiling.

            “Will you accept it? I consider it as if it were the other half of my heart…” She stares at me.

            “Yes of course…”

            I turn around and she starts to put the necklace around my neck slowly. “That way…” she starts to say as she finishes put it on my neck. “That way you’ll think of me and only be with me. No matter what.”