Chapter 1

NOTE:--------> This is a short story. I decided to make a new one. There will be more chapters though.

vvv Begin to read vvv lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember; I remember the day I met her. I remember how soft her blonde hair was, and the way it shined in the sun. I remember how warm it felt to see her smile. I remember her beautiful green eyes. Her skin was the softest I’ve ever touched. She was flawless.

          I remember…

          It was a summer at the beach. I was fifteen years old. I always go to my grandparent’s house to stay in the summer. The beach was always my place to get lost in my own thoughts. I would mainly write poetry or draw. At the same time, I’d enjoy the endless waves hitting the bottom of the rocks I sat on. I’d enjoy looking out into the ocean as it seemed it went on forever.

          And so, the story begins of how I met my first and last love:

“FROM off a hill whose concave womb reworded

A plaintful story from a sistering vale,

My spirits to attend this double voice accorded,

And down I laid to list the sad-tuned tale;

Ere long espied a fickle maid full pale,

Tearing of papers, brea….”

A volleyball hits the side/back of my head, and my hair clip to hold up my long black hair snaps off. The power of the volleyball hitting me knocks me to the side. I lay there holding my head. I open my eyes to see a shadow standing over me. I begin to wipe my eyes until I can focus.

“Oh my god, are you okay?!”

I hear the voice of an angel. It’s unfortunate I hear that when I have been hit aside the head hard.

“What-what?” I ask. I rub my head.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hit you.”

I feel the touch of soft hands against my arms. I blink my eyes a couple of times. She helps me up and dusts me off. I stare at her until I finally realize what she looks like. My god, she’s a masterpiece. I start to get nervous that she’s touching me, so I back away.

“Oh, was that not okay to touch you? Man, I’m just messing up everything. I’m so sorry I hit you, and now I’m sorry I dusted you off when I don’t know you.” She giggles a little.

“It’s-its okay….” I begin to shake a little and I stare at the rocks.

I have to admit, her laugh sounds really cute. If she knew the things that were running through my head right now she’d probably think I was weird. After all, we just met, because her volleyball hit my head.

“Hey, you have a cute voice. What’s your name?”

I can feel her staring at me, and I get more nervous.

“I promise I don’t bite. I like people.” I hear her giggling again. I can’t help but to smile. “You smiled! I was beginning to think I knocked you out too hard.” She comments.

“No, I’m okay.”

“So… what’s your name again?” I see her smiling at me.

“My name is Haylie. Haylie… Mullins…”

She puts her hand out. I’m guessing she wants to shake mine, so I react to it. I shake her hand, and she opens her mouth.

“My name is Gabby Withers. It’s an ugly name I know, but everything else about me is completely nice.”

I smile, and let go of her hand. I don’t know why I’m feeling this way, but I felt like I just died by shaking her hand. Gabby… huh… I like that name. It’s better than my name. She’s so beautiful, why would she be here talking to me? I have had compliments about my light blue eyes, but nothing else. Now that I mention it, her eyes are green… not an emerald green, but more like the August birthstone Peridot green.

“Hey Gabby! Why are you taking so long? Let’s get back to the game!” I hear her friend yelling at her. They sound so preppy.

“I’ll be there in a minute!” She replies back at her friend.

She looks back at me, and my face starts to turn red. Am I blushing? Oh no, give me a break.  I’m staring at the most beautiful girl I have seen, and I’m blushing, great.

“Hey, you should come over and hang out with us…”

I stare in her eyes fettling with my fingers. “I don’t know about that…”

“Come on, it’ll be fun. Do you play?”

“I don’t play volleyball. I play basketball though.”

“Eh, volleyball basketball, what’s the difference?” She laughs again.

I let out a small chuckle. This girl is so happy. She’s like free-spirited. I don’t mind it, but damn. In a way it is cute. I’m scared to hang around people I don’t know though. I’ll keep on gawking over her looks; she’ll think I’m weird.

“Thank you for the offer, but I should probably get back to my grandparent’s house.”

I declined her offer. I didn’t want to, but there’s no way I’ll see her again.

“Okay if you say so. It was nice meeting you. Again I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize.”

She smiles at me. A smile sweeps across my face. God this girl is getting right to me. It takes a while for anyone to make me smile when they first meet me.

“I hope to see you again…..Haylie….”

She waves at me, and climbs back down the rocks to her friends. ‘I hope to see you again….Haylie….’ Why? Why would you want to see me again? I let out a sigh of frustration. I don’t understand why she would want to see me again. I’m not beautiful enough to hang around her.

And so that is how we first met. Unfortunately, it was the in-counter of her volleyball, which afterwards my head kind of hurt.

‘I hope to see you again…..Haylie…’

I hope to see you again too……

Thank you for reading!

Love. Peace. Vote. Comment.