Chapter 3

Sitting on the rock where I first met Gabby, seems to be a usual routine to sit with her now. I have gotten a little better at talking. She still tries to make me talk more. Sometimes she does most of the talking and I just listen. I don’t mind though. I could listen to her angelic voice all day.

          I only have two more months to be with her until I go back to Michigan, and that is so far away from California where Gabby lives.

          I feel her give me a nudge and I look at her.

          “You seem lost.” She says.

          “Oh, no. I’m always like this.” I smile a bit at her.

          “Okay.”

          We stay silent for a little bit. I don’t know what I’m doing. It’s going to kill me when I have to leave to Michigan. She’s my best friend, and I haven’t even known her that long. I think I’m falling in love with her….

          “Hey look out there.” She says pointing towards the ocean. She leans against me trying to show me. I look at her and her lips.

          She turns her head at me staring in my eyes. “Haylie?”

          “Sorry, I couldn’t see what you were pointing at. Where at?”

          I search the ocean taking a deep breath blushing.

          “Out there, there’s someone jet skiing. It looks fun.”

          “It does.” I agree.

          “Oh my god! We should go jet skiing together!” She says excitedly standing up.

          “Where the hell could we get a jet ski at?” I ask confused.

          “That’s a good question.” She laughs looking down at me.

          I give her a smile.

          Her phone goes off and I look away. Her phone always rings. I think she has to spend a lot of time with her family.

          “Okay, I’ll be there in a minute Gregg. Love you.”

          I raise my eyebrow staring at her. She has a boyfriend?

          “Haylie. I have to go. My boyfriend wants to meet me at the mall.” She leans down. “I’m sorry.”

          “I didn’t know you have a boyfriend.” I say not looking at her a little pissed. Why should I be pissed off though? It’s not like she’s my property.

          “His name is Gregg.”

          “I heard. How long have you been going out?”

          “A month.”

          “See ya later then.” I get up and start climbing down rocks.

          She grabs my arm turning me around and hugs me. I get confused, but return her hug. She feels so gentle, as if she wouldn’t hurt a fly. I pull myself deeper into her hug. I pull back. “Have fun with your boyfriend.”

          I give a smile to her. It hurts to do that, because I know inside I’m not happy, but for her I’ll smile.

          “I’ll try!” She giggles walking away. “Bye hay.”

          Yeah… she calls me hay as a nickname. It reminds me of a horse eating hay, but whatever she wants to call me is fine. I sit back down on the rocks putting my knees to my chest. I do that a lot, but to me it only means I need something to comfort myself. I put my head in between my knees, and I start to cry letting the tears fall against the rock. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. It’s the first time I’ve felt like this ever.

          I have never had a first kiss. I have never dated anyone. Maybe it’s because I’m a lesbian, but there was never the right girl. I feel like Gabby is the girl. She’s painfully straight though.

          Gabby, just turn into a lesbian for a day, just one day.

          I decided to call my mom when I got to my grandparent’s house. She knows I’m gay, and maybe she can help me with these emotions I’m dealing with.

          “Hello?” I hear my mom’s voice.

          “Hey Momma.”

          “Hey baby, how are you?” She asks in a caring tone.

          “I’m doing okay. Well no, I’m kind of upset. I think I’m in love, and it’s killing me at the same time.”

          My mom stays silence for a while. “In love? What’s she like?”

          “Ugh, it would take days to explain what she’s like. That’s how amazing I find her. I’m scared to tell her though, she seems straight. After all she has had a boyfriend for a month now.”

          “Well sweetie, maybe she’s gay but covers’s it up by dating guys.”

          I sit and think for a little bit. Maybe that is true. But wouldn’t that disapprove the point that she’s gay?

          “Maybe you’re right. Should I tell her though? It’ll kill me to come back to Michigan when she’s all the way here in California.”

          “Haylie…”

          “Yeah?” I say in a questioning tone.

          “What does your heart tell you?”

          What does my heart tell me? Really mom? I don’t know what my heart tells me that’s why I’m asking you.

          “I don’t know….” I pause thinking about it.

          “YOU follow what YOUR heart tells you. If you’re truly falling in love with her, tell her. If she rejects you, then its one step closer to the girl you will be with forever.”

          My mom is the most intelligent person I have known. I’m glad I asked her for help, because that does make sense. Who is she to reject me and I not find love? If she rejects me I’m only one step closer to the girl I will spend forever with. Whoever that may be, my heart will be fully occupied to them.

          “Thank you. That makes sense.”

          “You’re welcome baby. You can always talk to me.”

          “I know…” I smile a little. “I’ll talk to you later okay?” I continue.

          “Okay, I love you!”

          “I love you too. Bye.”

          “Bye.”

          I put my phone to the side. It’ll hurt to be rejected, but I can always heal. Maybe…

          I hope you love me too Gabby.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading.

Love. Peace. Vote. Comment. =]