CHAPTER NINE

"Vivian, wake up! Jake and the others are back!" Bronwyn yelled while yelling at me.

"Hey Vi." Jake said while i was walking forward to give him a hug.

"Where's Enoch?"

"Upstaires. He's in a bad mood. Can you talk to him?" He nodded and went upstairs. I didn't wanna follow him, cause maybe Enoch wouldn't want to see me, oviously. Miss Peregrine went upstairs too, maybe she wanted her pocket watch back. I went upstairs too, i went straight to my room though.

When i was inside my room, i decided to change into my pajamas. After i changed, someone started knocking on my door.

"Oh... Hey Olive."

"Hello Vivian. Miss P just reseted the loop and she wanted all of us downstairs for dinner." I smiled and walked with her.

"Anyways, we have a surprise for you." She said jumping.

"It's some of your things from your room. We just snuck in and took them, you're parents weren't there." I smiled again and sat at my seat at the table.

"How were things while we were gone?"

"Everything was fine Headmisstress." Horace said winking.

"Ummm, Miss Peregrine... I don't feel like eating, can i be excused?"

"O-Of course... Miss Warren, why?"

"No reason." I said while walking away. I passed Enoch and he grabbed my wrist. I pulled my arm away and just walked away.

"What's up with you and Vivian?" I heard Jake mumble.

For once, I actually snapped at Enoch. For real this time! He called the kids brats, he said he should never have trusted me. But i understand... He has a complicated past, i guess...

When i was in my room, there was a suitcase with clothes and... that was it, what a surprise... it wasn't even my clothes. Olive said my stuff was here. All the clothes were still vintage. I dug through the clothes and found a picture of me and Elliot, she wasn't lying after all.

I walked out of my room and saw Jake talking to Enoch in his room. I sat against the wall and listened to them.

"Listen Enoch, why do you think Vivian doesn't want to talk to you?"

"Yeah, i know because the kids told me. Millard was listening to your conversation... Naked... Again."

"It's none of your business Jake!" I peeked and noticed that Jake placed his hand on Enoch's shoulder.

"I know Enoch but, eventually she'll lose hope that you'll change. If you won't let her in... Eventually she will stop knocking." He walked out of the room and gave me a warm smile. I followed him downstairs and we just hung out with the kids.

"Hey... Vivian." I heard a voice from behind me. It was Enoch.

"Come with me." He pulled me upstairs and into the bathroom.

"Im really sorry for-" i wiped his cheek.

"You- you have a bit of blood on your face. Let me clean that up for you." I grabbed a wet cloth and pushed him down on the sink.

"All i wanna tell you is, im sorry." He said while i wipped his cheek.

"I know you are... I know you can change, i always did. Even though you get mad alot... I always stick around because... Well, you can change. I can tell." He smiled and i cupped his cheek.

"Do you think im a bad person?"

"No, of course not. You're just missunderstood that's all." I smiled while running the cloth on his jawline.

"Will you still stick around if-if i told you..." I leaned in and looked into his eyes. His brown eyes looked through me.

"That i love you?" My eyes widen. I always had feelings for Enoch, but i never admitted it to myself. He started leaning in and held my hands.

"Enoch... Im scared..." His eyes opened and smiled. What if he was worth it? I could tell from the look on his face, that he won't be like my parents. He won't leave me, he won't hurt me and he will be patient with me.

"Don't worry love, there's nothing to be afraid of." He leaned in and his soft lips touched mine. All i could do is...

Kiss back.