Prologue

You can pretend to be anyone you want. But when it comes to love, I mean real love, the best thing is just be yourself.

I guess you could say from the title that this story is no ordinary; it’s about my life being the younger sister who has nothing but friends. My name is Tyler Shay Andrews, call me Ty instead, since that’s the little nickname dad gave me when I was little. I’m seventeen, and I’ll be turning eighteen on the fifth of January. I live in L.A. with my parents while my older sister stayed in England with her boyfriend to finish college and train with her beloved soccer team who was adored by many, many soccer fans.

So, what’s the whole point of the story? Ah, yes.

The day came when I turned eighteen and my parents decided I’d finish college with my sister in London East High in England and stay there with her until I graduate. I never wanted to leave my life here in L.A. “But it’s for your own good, darling.” Dad’s voice kept on repeating in my mind every time I ask myself why I had to leave. My reason why I don’t want to leave is that I don’t like being the new girl in that pretty “school of millionaires” as my sister likes to call it. Well I guess you could say we’re wealthy, but I never bragged and acted like one. But I really had to leave, I don’t have a choice.

But something in me felt excited and giddy. Because I thought maybe, just maybe, I’d start a new and better life there in England. Not the average rich girl in school that was being followed by boys.

Oh, so you think being followed by boys is really cool? Well, think again.

One—boys keep on following me because they want my sister’s number, not mine. Two—they would never stop following me and they kept on asking for my sister’s number. Three—it’s quite disturbing how I suddenly got used to it. Which is not normal. It’s disturbing. And guess what? I’ve been bullied by three sluts. But that never bothered me because I have a lot of friends there, who likes me for who I am. Not those plastic friends (guys) that would make friends with me and would suddenly ask for my sister’s number. In the family, I was a nobody. It has always been my sister. TJ here, TJ there. That’s all they ever talk about. But hey, I’m used to being nobody. I would lock myself up in my room, listen to some tunes, or check on twitter, tumblr, facebook and youtube. Dad always teases me that I’m a pig, because I always stay in my room, sleep and eat. It’s funny how I eat a lot but still manages to stay in a pretty good weight. I don’t have a sport, and I don’t know what my talent is. I guess you could say I’m the boring sister. Well, beyond boring if I may correct; nothing to talk about my life.

But when my foot stepped on England my life was starting to change. Love, friendship, and even hate started to grow. I discovered my talent, I got a sport which I absolutely adore, and guess what? I’m starting to like British boys. They’re much cuter and such gentlemen than the L.A. boys back at home. If I am to be asked, which life was better? Life in England, or L.A.? Well, let’s find out.