Death wish

Chapter 34

Weeks have passed so quickly since Ruby was born. She is now three weeks old and beautiful. Damien, Ruby and myself have settled in great to our new home, it's even more special to us knowing Ruby was born here. She has everyone wrapped around her finger including me and her daddy. She is such a happy baby, she sleeps all night and wakes up the same time as us. I have her dressed in a little white summer's dress with a pink top underneath it,  white tights, a white knitted cardigan and hat to match. She looks absolutely gorgeous. I picked her up and put her gently into her buggy. We're going to visit the king, since having Ruby, I can't understand why my parent's could treat me the way they have. I could never treat Ruby the way treated me, it would kill me to hurt her. So I'm going to find out what the king knows and maybe get some answer's finally. I think I deserve that. We left our home and stepped out into the beautiful fresh morning and walked towards the manor. The guards opened the door for me and smiled with lust filled eyes. I thought that might have died down when I became a mom but then again it was the same when I was the size of a house. I pushed the buggy down the familiar hallway and towards the lounge door. Out of habit, I was about to knock til I caught myself and opened the door instead and walked in.

"Hi Lexi, how are you and little Ruby?" the king asked smiling as he walked towards us.

"We're both doing great, I came to ask you about my parent's, you have seen things that suggests their looking for me" I asked.

"I did Lexi, I was wondering when you would come and ask" he said with a sad smile.

"I don't want to reunite with them, I just want answers to how they could treat me the way they did, having Ruby makes me wonder how they could be so cold towards me. Know matter what Ruby does or how she acts in the future, I will always love her, I will never treat her like she was a mistake or with fear" I explained.

"I understand completely Lexi, been a parent changes you, you still love your children even when they turn on you" the king replied.

"Have you heard anything from Kyle" I asked.

"Just when he really needs money, I should say no but I hate to think of him struggling, it was him actually who told me about your parent's starting to look for you, your face has been on the front of newspaper's in that area and all over Facebook looking for you" he explained.

"I haven't even looked on Facebook since I arrived here or even checked my phone. I will have a look once I get back to the house" I said as he bent over looking at Ruby.

"She gets more beautiful every time I see her and her aura of power is getting stronger" he said while he smiled at her, she didn't take her eyes off him once.

"She is, she is still so tiny and delicate, I want to make sure she has everything she will ever need and always feels loved" I told him honestly.

"She will never lack love Lexi, she has so much from you and Damien alone and then more on top of it with us, you and Ruby are family, you will never want for anything" he said genuinely.

"Thank you, you have been so good to me since I arrived here. You all became the family I always hoped for. I see you and the queen as my parents and Amelia and Marcus as my brother and sister. You gave me a home and love when I needed it the most" I smiled.

"You have done so much for us Lexi, you pulled Damien from the darkness, you saved Lily for Marcus and you helped Amelia be confident in her own skin and accept fully who she is, not to mention you saved all of us that night with James, we would all be dead if it wasn't for you" he smiled and gave me a fatherly hug.

"That is what family do, we protect and love each other, I'm going to go and check out Facebook and the newspapers, we will both see you soon" I smiled and started to push Ruby' s buggy out the door and towards home .