Finding a mate

Chapter 26

As we drove to the next town, I could feel the excitement bubble in the car. Damien hasn't let go of my hand since we left the house, he has been making little circular patterns on my hand with his thumb. But I haven't been really able to concentrate on how his touch is sending sparks and electricity humming through my body. Something inside of me is screaming at me, that something is going to happen tonight. On one side I know something good is to come but when something good happens, in my experience, bad always follow. Marcus pulled the car into a parking spot across the road from the club. Lights followed behinds us, as Rhys and Marks pull into the parking spot behind us. Looking out the window at the club, I can feel a sense of dread, something I haven't felt since I changed. Come on Lexi, I told myself, snap out of it. Putting that feeling of dread to the back of my mind, I put my hand on the door handle to get out, but Damien had already beaten me to it, I hadn't even realised he had let go of my hand. He opened the door for me with a big smile and held his hand out for mine. Catching his eyes with mine, I can clearly see how he feels for me, he is changing and he isn't fighting the change like me.

                                 Placing my hand in his, I felt the return of the sparks and electricity, making my body hum once again. He kept my hand in his as we crossed the road. I looked at Marcus and Amelia to find them smiling at me and Damien before they smiled at each other with knowing looks. Marcus walked straight to the top of the cue and nodded at the doorman. He instantly pulled the rope back and let us in. The boys walked ahead as Amelia and I, stopped to put our coats in the locker room. We took our tickets and walked towards the doors into the main club.

"I can't wait to have a drink and dance, I have never had anyone to do this with before, thank you for asking me Lexi" Amelia said beaming.

"Either have I, so its a first for both of us" I said smiling at how excited she is.

We opened the door and music hit our ears straight away. Wonderful by Angel is pumping through the speakers. We gained the attention of every man we walked by instantly. I looked at Amelia proudly as she held her head up high and embraced her sexuality instead of shying away. I spotted the boys at the bar and took Amelia's hand in mine making sure she is behind me as I walk towards them, leaving stunned and speechless men in our wake along with alot of pissed off Barbie dolls who are giving us death glares. I turned and gave each of them a cheeky smirk. Damien is the first one to see us, my body is starting to heat up instantly as his eyes roamed my body mercilessly. Know matter how many times I look at him, each time he looks hotter and hotter. I dont think I will ever be able to get enough of him. Mark and Rhys jaws literally hit the floor, when they saw us without our coats.

                                  Damien handed me a vodka and coke. He put his hand on my lower back and when he realised my dress is backless, he trailed the tips of his fingers up my back leaving a trail of fire behind. My body is literally burning with need and he knows its. I can tell by the sexy smirk on his face.

"What time are your friends getting here at Rhys?" Marcus asked.

"Should be here in the next half hour" he answered.

Marcus walked towards one of the VIP booths with us following. We put our drink down and looked down at the dance floor. This place is perfect. The dance floor is down a bit lower than our booth giving us full view of it. The seats are silver with black crush velvet. There are four bars taking up the length of each corner. The dj box is on at height at the corner of the dance floor. Different lights and lasers are coming down from the roof instead of the dj box. I looked down at the people dancing, my eyes landed on a young girl about nineteen. I couldn't help but feel an instant connection and the need to protect her, like I feel with Amelia and Marcus. But she is clearly human. She has long dark brown wavy hair and dark brown eyes with a small nose and full lips. Her skin is lightly tanned and she is small in height compared to me and Amelia, she is about five ft five. She has a curvy figure. She is beautiful. She is wearing a black thick strapped lacy dress that is sitting above her knee. I could feel eyes on me and I turned around to find Damien looking at me, I smiled at him before he pulled me towards him and put his lips to mine, kissing me passionately. A few minutes later he pulled him lips from mine leaving me breathless.

I looked at Marcus to see him fidgeting, he is looking around like he is trying to find someone. I spotted two gorgeous men walking towards us looking around. Rhys stood up and waved to them. I looked towards Amelia to find her frozen in place.

"Amelia, are you okay?" I asked worried.

"I think I have just found my beloved, he is getting closer, I can feel him and smell his scent" she said, looking worried.

"That's great, why do you look so worried?" I asked.

"What if he doesn't want me, what if I'm not enough for him" she said.

"He would be stupid not to want you and its not a question if your good enough for him, its if he is good enough for you, trust me, he hurts you and I will make him wish he was never born" I said.

"Thank you Lexi, what should I do?" she asked.

"Simple, just turn around" I said, looking behind her at the man who I presume is her beloved, he is looking nervous and worried, probably thinks Amelia doesn't want him if she isn't turning around. I nodded at her to turn.

I watched as Amelia took a calming breath and turned around to face her beloved. The minute his eyes landed on her, I knew he had already falling in love with her, he got to his knees in front of her and took her hand, smiling and she held onto his. I looked around to see the others have stopped what they were doing and are now watching what is probaly the best day in Amelia life. We all listened as he introduced himself. His name is Jacob. He has short black hair and deep blue eyes. He has full lips surrounded with a little stubble. He is strongly built and is about six ft two. They look perfect together. I looked at Marcus to find him smiling with happiness for his sister but I can see sadness behind his eyes that he isn't the one to find his beloved. I looked back at Amelia and Jacob, I looked at him and found I felt a connection to him, like Amelia and Marcus, but not as strong just a small pull like with the girl on the dance floor. Shit, I looked to the dance floor to find the girls I saw not long ago. I searched and searched but I couldnt find her. Mabey she is getting a drink. Rhys other friend name is Lee, he has blond hair and blue eyes, with a strong nose and a full bottom lip and smaller top lip. He is well built like the others, he is about six ft two. The others moved over to let him sit down, but there is hardly any more room to fit them. Damien moved closer to me, picking me up and putting me sitting on his lap with his arms wrapped around my waist. Jacob and Lee fitted right into our group. Amelia looks so happy as she looks at Jacob while he talks to the others but making sure her hand is in his.

                                      The night has been going great. I have never had anything like this before, a group of friends that I can be myself around and still be accepted. I looked down on the dance floor checking for the girl from earlier. Finally I spotted her again, but when I saw who she is dancing with, I knew then why I was feeling dread earlier. I stared at the vampire dancing behind her, a vampire who has completely given over to the darkness and looking at her like she is his next meal. Why the fuck is he here, he is a long way from home. I stood up and started to walk out of the booth. I nodded at Marcus to follow me. He instantly stood up and followed me.

"Is everything okay Lexi?" he asked.

"Can you feel your beloved close?" I asked.

"Yeah I can, how did you know?" he asked.

"I spotted a girl earlier on the dance floor and felt a connection and pull towards her, I didn't realise why I felt that til I saw I felt the same way towards Jacob, but we need to get her now" I said, while we are getting closer to the dance floor.

"Why what's wrong?" he asked worried.

"She has a vampire too close to her, he has let the darkness completely take over and he is looking at her like she is her next meal, you may go dance with her to distract her from him and I will deal with the vampie" I said.

"Okay Lexi, but if he so much as hurts a hair on her head, he is dead" Marcus said practically growling.

"Marcus you need to calm down, the last thing she will want to see is you pissed, you will only scare her. Just so you know, the vampire is my ex beloved, James" I said.

I agree with Marcus if he hurts her he is dead, not by Marcus but by my hands.