chapter eighteen

a/n: hi, so i want to firstly aPOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING AFTER OVER A MONTH. i've been so busy with school and have also had a lack of drive. next, i want to freaking thank you all and give you all my love because over 60,000 reads dkfhdlksjh. so, this chapter is really long and i hope you guys don't feel like it dragged on but it was a little hard to write! it's generally pretty light, and i just wanted to let you know that frederick is played by ashton irwin in my mind (gashton hells yes) c; this is dedicated to @thecaribbean because her comments are so cute and nice! :-) anyhow, if you like this chapter, please vote & comment!

*      *      *      *      *

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

A new and pressing discovery: when putting plans that involve her son’s birthday party in action, Anne Cox transforms into Satan—no, wait, she’s worse. She makes Satan look like Hello Kitty.

Or maybe Lily just thought this because she a wimp when it came to . . . well, everything.

“Louis, Liam, why are you here and not stalling Harry and making sure he’s not coming over here? I swear I will throw you onto the streets this week if you both don’t leave now,” Anne warned, her nose flaring and her green eyes moving from the two boys to the scattered furniture around her living room.

Liam pouted. “But—”

“Liam,” Anne started calmly, “the amount of shits I give about whatever you’re going to say is an astounding zero. Get out of my house and distract my son.

Or maybe Lily was right.

Louis guffawed, throwing his head back. “And they call me sassy,” he remarked, patting Liam’s back. He guided the speechless boy out of the Styles household.

Lily and Gemma, who had stood together while the previous dialogue had gone on, looked at each other and immediately began to laugh. Anne looked at them, her green eyes piercing through theirs so seriously it was as if Lily and Gemma had just murdered someone, rather than just laughed. They both as stopped laughing, their eyes finding the wooden floor of Anne’s home that was littered with ripped plastic and packages of decorations.

“Girls, you’re not allowed to do anything that isn’t working or occasionally breathing. We’re desperately behind on time, and we’ve got everything but none of it is where it’s supposed to be,” Anne ordered, sighing as she rubbed her temples. She looked around the room, which was no longer a room, but a puzzle that needed to be solved.

A couch was smack dab in the middle of it, two long white tables full with food and coasters and bowls were on either side of it. The original coffee table was in the corner of the room when it should’ve been in the garage. End tables were everywhere, from in front of the flat screen hanging on the wall to entrance of the kitchen, which it was now blocked off by a line of three end tables. Packages of decorations and a huge banner lay on the floor in front of Gemma and Lily.

In other words, everything was currently a mess.

“Okay, Mum, take a deep breath,” Gemma instructed, walking around the mess that lived on the floor and to Anne. She held her mother’s hands, looking into her eyes and smiling. Her mother did as told and took a deep breath. “Everything’s going to be alright, okay? Let’s just work together and get through this quickly.”

“You’re right.” Anne nodded. “Let’s do this.”

(())(())(())(())(())