chapter two ☂

a/n: here's chapter two, i really hope you like it! i'm not sure how i feel about it and if it's good or not :\ and so sorry it's short! btw, from now on, i'm going to dedicate each chapter to a commenter who wrote a comment that really made me smile (which is hard bc all of your comments do aha). but for this chapter, the dedication goes to @waveringocean because she made me four amazing banners which will be posted one by one on the following chapters! thank you so much again, lovely. anyway, if you like this chapter, please vote & comment!

*      *      *      *      *

CHAPTER TWO 

“I know I’m your best friend.” Lily sighed into the phone. 

Harry had just called and at the moment, was begging Lily for forgiveness. He’d kicked her out of his apartment yesterday, leaving her to feel like crap. The same feeling anyone would feel if the person they loved told them to leave them because they were upset over something the person they loved (which wasn’t you) did to them. 

The apology was reaching the part where Harry somehow grew an extra five hearts to help him speak the kindest, sweetest, and most earnest words ever thought up. Lily always fell for this part as quickly as she fell for Harry.

 “Lily, please forgive me. I was upset and a fool and a horrid friend and you really shouldn’t forgive me but you’re one of the best people I know and I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you. You’re the only one I want to spend my Sundays with, no one else—not even Louis,” Harry implored, sincerity dripping out of Lily’s phone and onto her face to paint a smile. The last sentence of Harry’s apology echoed in her head. 

She waited a moment before speaking. “Of course not Louis; he gets every other day of the week.” 

“Ah, I’m so glad you forgive me,” Harry said, letting out a breath of relief before chuckling. “But you know, today is Sunday so you should be expecting me in about . . . now.” 

“Oka—” Lily was interrupted by three loud knocks. She rested her phone on her right shoulder and pressed her right ear against it, holding it in place. “One second, Harry, someone’s at the door.” 

Harry replied with an “okay” as Lily made her way to the front entrance of her flat. When she made it to her white wooden front door, she wrapped her hand around the silver knob. Making sure her phone didn't fall from her shoulder, she opened the front door and burst into laughter immediately after.

“Well, are you going to invite me in?” Lily heard from both her phone and outside her front door. She laughed as she moved to the side to let Harry walk in. 

Lily hung up the phone and removed it from between her shoulder and ear. “Were you there the whole time?” 

“Maybe,” Harry sung, smiling cheekily. Then he scoffed and shook his head, “I cannot believe you just hung up on me right in front of me!” 

“So sorry,” Lily laughed, rolling her eyes. She shut the front door and tucked a piece of light brown hair behind her ear. “I'll get started on the tea.” 

“You didn’t already?” Harry frowned. “How long did you think the fight was going to last?” 

“Oh, no, not long! I just, um, I didn’t know you were this close and I was upset and all that,” Lily sputtered, not wanting to make Harry upset. The frown on Harry’s face grew a little more and he looked up at her with puppy-dog eyes.