chapter eleven ☂

a/n: here's chapter eleven! i hope you guys like it :) thanks so much for the support and getting this to 1,000 votes! i love you all :-) song at the side is she will be loved which doesn't exactly relate to this chapter but i couldn't really think of a song and i wanted to post this. if you have any song suggestions tell me! this chapter is dedicated to @lemons17 because she's so sweet and always comments and aGH. anyhow, please vote & comment!

*      *      *      *      *

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Lily’s mom was a small woman. She had brown hair that was frayed gray at the ends, hazel eyes, and tan skin that Lily wished genetics would’ve given her. The most prominent feature about Mrs. Rimmings, though, is her smile. It was the kind of smile that told you she’d always be there for you—and she was.

As of now, Lily’s mom was skyping her, listening to how Lily’s summer had been so far.  Lily had called her because she a.) feeling lonely, b.) feeling sad, and c.) missed her family.

“Wow, your summer sounds wonderful, honey,” Mrs. Rimmings responded cheerfully. “I’m sorry your father couldn’t be here. He had to go on some business trip.”

“It’s alright, Mom. At least I’ve got you,” Lily replied, a smile taking its place on her light pink lips.

“Aw, I love you, sweetie. I hope you know that I miss you so much!” her mom told her. “I’ve got no one to watch the Days of Our Lives with!”

“Thank God I got a break from that,” Lily joked, her own and her mother’s laugh melding together as they both rang out.

When the laughing stopped, Mrs. Rimming asked, “I heard you and Harry went to some sort of ball yesterday?”

“Yes,” Lily said wearily. She didn’t want to repeat what happened but she was talking to her mother so she would.

She told her mom everything that happened at the party: how she and Harry got questioned by the large Irish chef, how the reporter had made her uncomfortable when she asked if Lily liked Harry, how she consoled Zayn about his relationship, how Lily had to take Harry outside so he wouldn’t witness the engagement announcement, and how Harry kissed her to make Louis jealous.

At the end, her mom held a calm yet shocked expression. “Wow . . . so how was the kiss?”

Lily face-palmed. “Really, Mom? Is that all you got from all of what I just told you?”

“No, no!” she laughed. “I’m just wondering how you feel about it is all!”

“Well . . . ” Lily bit her lip as she tried to think of how she felt. “I felt that spark—even though I didn’t want to under the given circumstances. It didn’t have that full effect because he didn’t mean it. It sucks, Mom, because that kiss was what I’d been waiting for since I’d fallen for Harry, and it happened only because he wanted to get someone else’s attention.”

Mrs. Rimmings nodded. “Harry’s been a bit of a . . . turd, lately.”

“Did you seriously just say turd?”

“I don’t want to curse in front of you!”

Lily laughed as she rolled her eyes and then sighed. “I know,” she wearily agreed.

“Does Louis know about Harry’s feelings or return them in any way?” Mrs. Rimming inquired, her hazel eyes watching Lily carefully.

“Well, in the beginning, after The X Factor, they’d had a little fling. It was short, but enough to give Harry some intense feelings. The fling ended when Harry introduced Eleanor to Louis. He’d taken a liking to her. It’s kind of why Harry has this sort of resentment towards El. He’d never meant for her to make Louis fall in love with her or for her to fall back, but they both did. And throughout Louis’ relationship with Eleanor they sort of had little bit of flirting, but never anything serious.”