chapter nine ☂

a/n: hiiii. omg so this is so freaking long i'm so proud of myself. this update comes early because my last one was really short so this is a treat for you little nuggets. the dedication for the chapter goes to my dear twinnie, @londonstars bc her support and overall amazingness makes her deserve it. if you want to see eleanor and lily's outfits click the external link or just go on my polyvore @youplusme. if you like this chapter, plllleeeasseee vote & comment! :-)

*      *      *      *      *

CHAPTER NINE

Eleanor stared disapprovingly at Lily, who sat on the floor of her bedroom clad in the dress she’d bought with her. She mindlessly played Fruit Ninja, wasting time that she thought was supposed to be wasted, but was actually valuable—at least to Eleanor.

“Lily, how could you be playing some stupid game at a time like this?” she exclaimed, her hand not failing to fluff her hair up for the millionth time. It was a strange habit of hers but she did it often—however, she didn’t have much to fluff as her hair was done in a special style now so she look very silly.

Today she and Lily had gotten shoes and accessories for their dresses and went to a salon and got their hair done together, both choosing to get up-dos. Eleanor had gotten her hair done in an intricate braid that would later be wrapped around her head, two stray wavy pieces of hair framing her face, completing the look.

Lily, on the other hand, had gone for a of bun. Around her head four braids lead up to a large bun that was secretly filled with enough bobby pins and clips to create a model of New York City. It went well with her dress because, to quote Eleanor, “It shows off the sleek design of the dress and shows skin in an elegant way—and I have no clue why but for some strange reason a collar-bone fad has developed and when people see you in the dress they’re sure to go ‘Those collar bones doe.’”

Lily laughed at Eleanor. “It’s easy. Just watch.” And she continued playing Fruit Ninja.

“Lily,” Eleanor warned, casting a stern look down at Lily.

The doe-eyed girl put her phone down. “Fine.”

“Come on, this is serious! We’ve got thirty minutes till Lou and Harry come to pick us up and I’ve just remembered that you don’t know how to speak to famous people at all.”

“Isn’t it just like talking to regular people?” Lily inquired, raising an eyebrow.

“No.” Eleanor shook her head. “You see, there are two types of famous people. There’s the good type: kind, not nosy, humble, etcetera, and the bad type: snobby, nosy, rude, and just waiting to start something. Basically, if you bump into Perez Hilton at this party or ever, completely ignore him and just go away ‘cos he is like the king of the bad type of famous people. Total wanker, that man.”

“Okay, well now I’m slightly scared,” Lily replied, her eyes widening as she processed what Eleanor said. She didn’t know that famous people were divided into types.

Eleanor laughed. “Don’t be scared. They’re really easy to deal with. With the good ones, just talk to them and be your normal self. Be truthful, too. With the rotten ones, don’t say much and just nod. When they ask you questions, just reply with short answers and never give them any full answers. If they ask you if you’re dating Harry just answer no and leave it at that. You don’t need to explain anything to them and if they try to get you to, just make up some sort of excuse to leave.”