chapter ten ☂

a/n: here's chapter ten! pour has gotten 1,000 votes which is so awesome :D this is dedicated to @1DToInfintyAndBeyond who left a very lovely comment on the last chapter :-) i have unfortunate news which is that i start high school in aproximately 10 days so i'll be busy and not able to update/be on wattpad nearly as much as i want to :-( buuut i will try my best to update whenever i can for you lovlies! if you like this chapter please vote & comment! :-)

*      *      *      *      *

CHAPTER TEN

She couldn’t let Harry see this. “Harry, come on.”

“What? No. Lou’s going to announce something,” he told her, shaking his head. Of course, he thought nothing of what Louis was about to do or why Eleanor was on stage. He most likely thought—or more so, hoped—they might be announcing that they were calling off the engagement even though no one knew about it . . . “A boy could dream,” Harry would probably say to the blank stare he’d receive from Lily in response if he were ever to voice that thought.

“Harry,” Lily said sternly, “you don’t want to hear it, come on.”

“Yes, I do,” he stated. He raised an eyebrow, confused with her urgency to get him out of the large house.

“Harry, just trust me! You don’t want to hear it!”

“Why?”

“Harry . . . just please come with me. Trust me.”

Harry looked at her for a second before letting her drag him outside—something she did with much alacrity as Louis began to drone on about how he and Eleanor had been together for a long time. A look of understand slowly became apparent on Harry’s face as Louis’ words wrapped around his neck, choking him as until the only thing he could breathe in was the cold hard truth.

When they finally were outside, Harry didn’t look at Lily. He walked over to the mown front lawn and sat down, staring up at the sky. It was a range of purples splattered with white specks that were the stars. A full moon shone brightly, Harry’s curls catching its light.  

Lily sat down beside him and rubbed circles into his back. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault they’re getting married. It’s not your fault I love someone who’ll never love me.  And it’s definitely not your fucking fault that he doesn’t love me. It might be my fault, but not yours,” Harry told her, his green eyes glued to the sky.

Lily’s eyebrows furrowed as she shook her head. “Harry, it’s not your fault. You can’t force love and you can’t stop someone from loving you. You can fall in love and hope that the other person falls too and breaks your landing; Louis didn’t. And because of that, he’s missing out on a lot, Har.”

Finally, Harry looked at Lily. It took a moment before he said, “You’re my moon.”

“Huh?”

“You’re my moon. Look at the sky.” She did as told. “There’s the big moon, bringing light to the sky, and the mass of stars that are important, but don’t quite compare to the moon. You’re my moon. I just wish he wasn’t my world.”

A piece of Lily’s heart broke off at the last part. “He” was obviously Louis and it hurt Lily because she wanted to be his world, but also because Harry’s world would never rotate around him. Even though she wanted Harry, she wanted him to be happy.

Harry laid down on the grass and Lily did the same. The two laid there on the bright green freshly cut grass, staring up at the stars. For a while no one said anything. They only laid there, enjoying the warmth of the person next to them.