[16] Tears Don't Fall

SIXTEEN:

© All Rights Reserved - 2012 S. M. Palmer

///ONE MONTH LATER\\\

{Wednesday, October 12, 2016}

I WOKE UP MONDAY MORNING, and got ready for work. Jason took the Zelda to her B.S.P. and Liam to his B.S.P. this morning, and then he went to work. So I just have to get ready for work. As I was getting ready, I felt vomit crawling up my throat, so I rushed to the toilet and threw up everywhere inside the toilet. 'Why the hell have I been getting sick for these past two we—' I gasped and then sprung up from where I was sitting and grabbed my small calendar. I flipped to this month and a small gasp slowly escaped my lips as I covered my mouth. 'I was supposed to get my period two weeks ago, so I'm two weeks late. Oh, damn.' I thought putting the calendar away. I finished getting ready and then ran to drug store.

* * *

"Monica, come here."

"What?" she asked, standing up and coming over to me.

"I think I might be pregnant," I admitted, glancing up at her.

"Do you have a pregnancy test to take?"

"Yep," I answered, handing her the bag. We went into the bathroom and I did my business.

After I did, Monica set the test on the countertop and then we paced back and forth in the bathroom. After ten minutes, I picked the test up. My hands were shaking so badly as I read the test. The tiny plus sign, caused my heart to skip a beat. I looked over at Monica. "Monica, I'm p-pregnant," I stuttered.

She gasped. "You are?"

"Yes," I answered, nodding my head.

"What are going to do about it?"

"Tell Jason," I answered. "Of course. He has the right to know. Because, he is my husband and this is his baby."

That's when a flashback of the time I found out I was pregnant with Zelda came flashing through my head.

'I glanced down at the pregnancy test and then looked back up at my mom. "Momma," I breathed. "I'm p-pregnant. And at thirteen."

I slid down the wall as tears slowly started escaping my eyes. "Momma, I haven't talked with the baby daddy since the night we had sex. He could have gone off and cheated on me for all I know."

"Honey, Aunt Sarah, Grandma Samantha, and I will be here for you," Mom reassured. "You have nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about?!" I cried out desperately. "I now have another life growing inside of me. I have a whole new responsibility to fucking deal with!" I snapped standing up, wiping the tears away, and storming into my room. I collapsed on my bed and texted my best friend Jennifer Hayes. Maci: 'Jennifer, I'm pregnant!'

Within a few seconds, my phone vibrated, signaling I had a new text. I read the text. Jennifer: 'You are? Who's the daddy?'

Maci: 'Jason Bell. And the last time I talked to him was the night we had sex.'

Jennifer: 'OMG! What are you going to do?'

Maci: 'Maybe start lookin into adoption. I haven't really made up my mind about what I wanna do when the baby comes—considering I just found out.'

Jennifer: ':( hope you find a good thing to do when the baby comes :)'

Maci: 'Thx Jen :D'

I put my phone away and then gently rested my hand on my stomach. "Hi, little one. I'm your mommy and I'm going to love you so much. Even before you existent, I'm going to love you so much," I whispered to my stomach.