[4] Tears Don't Fall

FOUR:

© All Rights Reserved - 2011 S. M. Palmer

[Jaden's POV:]

I LOOKED DOWN AT ZELDA. Bending over, I picked her up. "Zelda, why did you just call me Daddy?" I asked, looking at her with questioning eyes.

"Because you my daddy?" she answered, smiling at me.

"No, I'm not your daddy. I'm just Mommy's friend," I answered to her.

"Where is my daddy?" she asked as a sad expression plastered across her face.

"Honey, you don't have a daddy."

"I don't?" she asked, looking confused.

"Well, I mean you do. But, he's in big trouble with his mommy so he can't be around you."

"Oh."

"But, you can call me Daddy," I replied to Zelda.

"I can?" She got another big grin on her face.

"Yes."

"Yay."

She wrapped her tiny arms around my neck and I kissed the top of her head. Her and I spent the rest of the afternoon playing board games. Finally at six o'clock, Maci came downstairs and sat down next to me. "Hey, Maci, how was your nap?" I asked.

"Good. I feel refreshed."

I chuckled. "Daddy, your turn!" Zelda yelled.

"Okay."

Maci turned to me. "Jaden, how come my daughter just called you Daddy?" she asked me.

"Because I said she could," I answered.

Maci sighed and I took my turn and then Zelda went.

--------------------------------

///TWO MONTHS LATER\\\

{Tuesday, October 5, 2010}

[Maci's POV:]

I walked into school. I am so damn tired and I had to wake up at four this morning. I walked up to my locker and opened it. That's when someone's arms wrapped around me. I jumped a little. "Hey, baby."

"Hi, Jaden."

He kissed my cheek, before I shoved my items into my locker and then grabbed my chemistry items. I shut my locker and Jaden spun me around. "Hi," I whispered.

"Hi."

At lunch that day, I sat with Jaden and Kayla and Kasheka. But, for some reason, I wasn't hungry today. Finally Kasheka turned to me. "Maci, how come you're not eating. You're not pregnant again, are you?" Kasheka asked.

"Hell no," I snapped.

"Okay."

[Jaden's POV:]

Kasheka then turned to me. "Jaden, have you had sex with her?" she asked me.

"No! Her and I have only been together for two months. Besides she already has a child."

"Okay," she answered before returning to her lunch.

After school that day, we went to go pick Zelda up from school. When we got back to Maci's house, I carried Zelda inside, while Maci carried the school bags in. Once inside, I put Zelda down and she ran into the living room and jumped on the couch to join Kathy. Maci put Zelda's school bag down next to hers and turned to me. She wrapped her arms around my waist. "Thanks for being there for me when Zelda went missing two months ago. I don't know what I would've done without you," she whispered.

"You're welcome."

I kissed the top of her head.

[Maci's POV:]

He kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes and took in this wonderful moment. 'Yeah, a lot of shit has happened in these past five years, but right now I have someone to help me out with Zelda and the struggles I have along the way.'

{Wednesday, October 6, 2010}

The next day at school, I ate my lunch. Kayla and Kasheka were proud I was eating again, along with Jaden. In gym today, we got paired up with someone. My partner was a girl named Roxanne Jones. She has short brown hair, brown eyes, and her ears pierced once. She was cute and she's also a senior like me.

After gym, Roxanne and I walked to my locker. I figured out her locker is across from mine. "So, Roxanne, where do you live?" I asked Roxanne.

"I live thirty minutes from school. Where do you live?" she asked me.

"Five minutes from school."

"Cool."

Roxanne and I exchanged numbers and then parted off to our next class.

When school was dismissed that day, Jaden and I went to go pick Zelda up from school. When we got home, him and I sat down in the living room, along with Zelda and we put the movie Tangled in.

My sweet daughter cuddled with me and Jaden sat beside Zelda. When the movie was over, Zelda had fallen asleep in my lap. Picking her up, I carried her upstairs. I laid her down in her bed and then came back downstairs. Jaden put "Something's Gotta Give" on. That movie was funny.

[Jaden's POV:]

After the movie was over, I turned to Maci. She had a fallen asleep on the pillow. I chuckled and then picked her up bridal style and carried her upstairs. I laid her down in her bed, turned the overhead light off, shut her bedroom door, and went downstairs. I sat down on the living room couch and flipped the TV on. Then all of sudden, I started feeling tired, so I decided to go lay down upstairs in Maci's bed with her. Before I totally fell asleep, I whispered in her hair, "I love you, Maci. I'll always be here for you no matter what happens."

I saw a small smile crept onto her face. I kissed her cheek and then I was out.