[6] Tears Don't Fall

SIX:

© All Rights Reserved - 2011 S. M. Palmer

[Zelda's POV: (Maci's daughter) (A/N: I thought I'd let y'all get a view of what she's thinking and what's going on in her little head)]

{Monday, October 11, 2010}

WHEN I WOKE UP THE next day, I got out of bed and went in Momma's room. Momma was still asleep. I crept back into my room and picked out what I was going to wear to school today. I picked out my light, light green tank top which is ruffled at the bottom, along with my dark purple pants. I also picked out my pink Converse Allstar sneakers. I put my shoes on and went downstairs. Grandma KR was in the kitchen making breakfast. "Hi, Grandma," I said, sitting down in one of the chairs at the table.

"Good morning, Zel. What are you wearing today?"

"This," I said, showing her my outfit.

"Oh, honey, I'm going to have to go upstairs with you and help you pick something out."

"Okay, Grandma."

Grandma KR came upstairs with me and helped me pick something out that matched. After that, Grandma KR told me, "Go wake Mommy and Jaden up. Tell them it's time to get ready for school."

"Okay."

I skipped into Momma's room and I jumped onto her bed and yelled, "Momma, time to wake up! Grandma KR said it time to get ready for school!"

Momma fluttered her eyes open and looked at me. I watched as she examined my outfit. "Did Grandma KR help you pick this out?" she asked me.

"Yes," I answered, smiling.

Momma chuckled. "Okay. Thanks for the info, baby," she answered.

I jumped off Momma's bed and went downstairs. Grandma served me breakfast. "Did you wake Mommy up?" Grandma asked me.

"Yes," I answered.

"Good girl. Now eat your breakfast," Grandma instructed me.

"Otay."

I started stuffing my face with pancakes.

[Maci's POV:]

My beautiful daughter ran out of my room and I turned to my boyfriend. "Honey, it's time to wake up. We have to get ready for school," I replied to Jaden.

"Okay."

Him and I got out of bed and he went in the guest bathroom, where he's keeping his bag and all his stuff, and started to get ready in there. I went in my closet and picked out what I was going to wear.

Within twenty minutes, Jaden and I were ready and we went downstairs where my mom and Zelda were sitting at the kitchen table, eating breakfast. "Good morning, Mom. Good morning, Zelda," I replied to everyone.

"Good morning, Momma," Zelda replied cheerfully.

"Good morning, Maci," Mom replied. I went over to the coffee marker and brewed myself a fresh cup of coffee.

"Jaden, do you want any coffee?" I asked, turning to him.

"No, thanks. I don't drink coffee," he answered.

"Not even decaf?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Nope. I don't drink any kind of coffee," he announced.

"Oh."

After breakfast, we got in the car and drove Zelda to school. Roxanne and Dylan were also dropping Dana off. I walked up to Roxanne. "Hey, Roxie. You don't mind if I call you Roxie," I asked.