[19] Tears Don't Fall

NINETEEN:

© All Rights Reserved - 2012 S. M. Palmer

[Maci's POV:]

JASON AND I HAVE MADE up and that Fatima chick left as soon as we made up. I sat Jason down on the couch. "So, you know how Jaden Parker is Liam's dad?"

"Yeah," he answered.

"Well, Jaden Parker is also Zane Parker's biological dad. So, Zane and Liam are half-brothers."

"Holy crap," Jason mumbled. "Does Liam and Zane know about this yet?"

"Not exactly," Sabrina and I answered in unison.

"Oh. Are you going to tell them?"

Sabrina and I looked at each other. "We should," we mumbled.

I looked at Jason again. "Babe, can you call Zane and Liam to come downstairs?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

He called Zane and Liam downstairs. They came bouncing downstairs. "Yes?" they asked as they sat on the floor in the living room.

"Liam, you and Zane are half-brothers. You two share the same dad."

"You mean Jaden Parker is also Liam's dad?" Zane asked, looking up at his mom.

Sabrina nodded her head. Liam and Zane exchanged expressions. "So, we're brothers?"

"Half-brothers," Sabrina corrected. "You two don't share the same mama."

Zelda came bouncing downstairs. "Momma, what's going on down here?"

"Zelda, Liam and Zane are half-brothers," I replied to Zelda.

"Oh. Cool. Momma, can we go home?" Zelda asked.

"Sure, baby."

When we got home, Zelda and Liam ran upstairs to their room. Jason and I went into the living room. "Mace, I truly am sorry about what happened between Fatima and I."

"Babe, I know. I've already forgiven you."

Jason smiled at me. He leant over and kissed me. "I love you, sweetie," he replied.

"I love you too," I answered.

* * *

///SIX WEEKS LATER\\\

{Thursday, December 1, 2016}

It's been six weeks since Jason and I made up. Things have been doing great for us. Zelda and Liam have only like two weeks of school left before they're off for Christmas break.

"Momma!?" Zelda yelled from her room.

I got out of bed and went to Zelda's room. "What, baby?" I asked.

"Momma, I don't feel good," she whined. "Can you take my temperature?"

"Sure," I answered. "Let me go grab the thermometer."

I ran downstairs, grabbed the thermometer from the medicine cabinet, and then went back upstairs to Zelda's room. Three minutes later, the thermometer beeped. I took it out of her mouth and read the results. It said: 103.6. "Momma, what's it say?" Zelda asked.

"It says 103.6," I answered. "Looks like you're not going to school today. When I take Liam to school, I'll have Daddy stay home with you."

That's when Liam screamed my name. "Momma!?"

I got up, still holding the thermometer, and went into his room. "What's up, buddy?"

"Momma, can you take my temperature? I not feel good."

"Sure."

Three minutes later, the thermometer beeped. I checked the results. It said 100.9. "Crap," I mumbled.

"What, Momma?" Liam asked.

"You have a temperature too," I answered. "Looks like you and Zelda are both staying home from school. And also Mommy and Daddy."

Liam gave me a weak smile. I got up from her floor and went into our room. I grabbed a pair of my bunched up socks from the floor and threw them at Jason. "Babe?"

Jason turned over and looked at me. "What?" he mumbled huskily.

"Zelda and Liam are both sick. So it looks like we're also staying home from work."

"Okay," Jason answered climbing out of bed. "I'm going downstairs."

"Okay."

Jason kissed my forehead and went downstairs. I went into our bathroom and grabbed his Axe body spray and sprayed some on myself and then went downstairs too. Jason was in the kitchen and he had coffee maker brewing the coffee while he had two waffles in the toaster.

After we ate breakfast, Zelda yelled my name from upstairs. "Momma?!"

I rushed upstairs and into her bathroom. She was sitting in front of the toilet, with her head resting on the rim of the toilet seat. "Aw, baby," I cooed.

"Momma, I got sick," she croaked.

"Aw, baby."

I grabbed a hair tie off the counter and pulled Zelda's hair back. I then got a washcloth wet and placed it on the back of her neck. "Come on, Zel. Go lay down in your bed."

"Okay."

Zel got up and went into her bedroom. I shut the bathroom light off and went into Liam's room. He was fast asleep. I turned his Cars lamp off and went back downstairs. Jason was sitting at the bar counter. I went up to him and wrapped my arms around him from behind. "Hi, babe," I whispered before kissing his back.

"Hey, sweetie," he replied. "How's Zel and Liam?"

"Zel got sick. So, now she's laying in bed with a wet washcloth on her neck and forehead and Liam's fast asleep."

"Poor babies," Jason replied.

"I know," I agreed.

Jason spun around in the seat and pulled me up to sit in the bar stool beside him. "Mm, babe, I'm excited we're having another baby," he replied. "I can't wait until this baby is born."

"I know," I answered. "I can't wait either."

Jason kissed the side of my neck. I sighed happily. 'Mm, I'm content right now' I thought. 'I hope nothing changes.'