[7] Tears Don't Fall

SEVEN:

© All Rights Reserved - 2011 S. M. Palmer

{Sunday, November 14, 2010}

[Jason's POV:]

IT'S BEEN THREE WEEKS SINCE we went to court for me to get custody of Zelda. Mine and Maci's friendship has grown a lot in these past three weeks. I know I can't date her again, but at least we're friend's, and that's good enough. Our daughter needs to spent time with both of us, and it's great that we're friends. Anyway, I'm dating a new girl named Addison Seamen, and as you know Maci is dating Jaden, so we can't get back together.

Today's November 14. Thanksgiving is the last Thursday of this month, and we've decided we're going to spend Thanksgiving together as a family. Today Addison and I are spending the day at Maci's house. I talked with Zelda on the phone last night and she's excited I'm coming over. She's such a cutie. I love how she says 'Daddy.' It's so adorable.

I sat on the couch with Addison and Zelda. "Daddy, how come you left Momma when she found out about me?" Zelda asked, looking at me.

"Honey, I left Mommy beforehand," I replied.

"But, why?"

"Because, baby, I wasn't ready to become a daddy at fifteen," I answered truthfully as I looked into my eyes. 'Holy shit, her eyes are exactly like mine. My left eye is sky blue, just like hers, and my right eye is bottle green, just like hers.'

"Oh. Well, me glad to have you now," Zelda replied to me.

"I'm glad to be a part of your life now, also."

Zelda gave me a hug. "I love you, Daddy."

'Aw! That touched my heart' I thought. 'That's the first time she's said that. Yes, I have been in her life for two and a half months, but that's the first time she's said that to me.'

"I love you too, baby."

She kissed my cheek and then rested her head on my chest. "Daddy, I'm glad you're now a part of my life."

"I am too, baby. I am too."

I kissed the top of my daughter's head. Maci came into the living room and plopped down beside me. "Aww, that's so cute."

"Yeah."

"Jason, are you okay?" Maci asked, putting her hand on my muscular arm.

"Yeah. It's.  .  .  Zelda just told me she loves me," I whispered, a few tears coming to my eyes.

"That's so sweet."

"I know."

That's when Jaden entered the living room and sat down on the love seat across from us. I watched as my Baby Mama got up and went to go join him. (And maybe I did watch her ass as she walked over, but you can't tell her that).

[Maci's POV:]

I sat down beside my boyfriend on the other couch. "They look so sweet together," Jaden whispered.

"Mm-hmm."

I rested my head on his shoulder. They really did look sweet together. Zelda sitting with her daddy. That's the sweetest thing ever!

{Tuesday, December 14, 2010}

[Zelda's POV:]

'It's December! Yay! It's my favoritest month ever! Because in December is when we have Christmas! I hope I get everything I asked for my this year.' I sat on the couch and continued watching iCarly. I love this show. Sam is so funny. That's when Momma came into the living room. "Zel, honey, do you wanna go for a walk with Mommy, Daddy, Addison, and Jaden?" Momma asked me.

"Yes."

Jumping off the couch, I took Momma's hand and we walked outside. Everyone was already out there.

[Maci's POV:]

We started our walk. Zelda held mine and Jason's hand. Jaden walked on the right side of me and Addison walked on the left side of Jason.

It was a pleasant walk, until a sharp pain went through my stomach. I stopped walking, and clutched my stomach. My boyfriend stopped walking and crouched down beside me. "Maci, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Just a really bad pain went through my stomach."

"Do I need to take you to the hospital?"

"No. The pain's gone. Let's just keep walking."

"Okay."

We were able to walk another ten minutes before the pain went through my stomach again. I clutched my stomach again. "Okay. We're taking you to the hospital," Jaden notified.

"No, seriously, I'm fine."

"No, if you were fine you wouldn't of stopped again and clutched your stomach, I'm taking you to the emergency room," he replied, helping me stand up straight.

"Okay."

He gave me a piggyback ride back to the house. Addison, Jason, Jaden, Zelda, and I got in my 1999 dark blue Chevy truck (yes, I have two cars) and drove to the hospital. When we got there, Zelda, Addison, and Jason were told to go wait in the waiting room. Jaden was the only one that was allowed to come back with me. The doctor had him sit in one of the plastic chairs. "Alright, Miss Maci, what seems to be the problem?" the doctor asked. (I also noticed a nurse was in the room).

"I'm having really bad pains in my stomach," I answered, looking at him.

"Let me check that out."

The doctor came over to the hospital bed and gently pushed down on certain areas of my stomach. While the doctor washed his hands, the nurse went over to him and they talked about something privately. The doctor dried off his hands and the nurse came over to where I was, holding something. "Here," she replied, handing me a pregnancy test. 'Oh, hell no!'

"Jessica, listen, I can't possibly be pregnant," I replied with a shaky voice. 'Okay, truth is, I could be. I mean Jaden and I have had sex twice in the past month.'

Jessica looked at me for a second and then looked at my boyfriend for second. She turned her attention back to me. "Honey, how many times have y'allve had sexual intercourse?" she asked, glancing between Jaden and I.

"Twice, but we used protection," I answered sternly.

"Well, even if y'all've used protection and were extremely careful during sex, there's still a seventy-five percent change you could get pregnant because of condom failure or something else," Nurse Jessica answered as she put a pair of blue Latax medical gloves on and took an empty cup out of the cupboard and handed it to me along with the pregnancy test. "Sweetie, will you please just take go take the test. I just want to double check you're not."

"Fine," I grumbled as I annoyingly took the small plastic clear cup and pregnancy test from her.

Once I closed and locked the bathroom door, I slid down the wall and started crying silently. 'Yes, I know I'm only eighteen and Jaden and I aren't married, but we had sex three times in the last month, so I already know without having to take this stupid pregnancy test that I'm pregnant.' I thought as a few tears ran down my cheeks and landed on my shirt. Sighing heavily, I went and did my business for the test. After I took the test, I brought it back out to her and handed it to her. "Thank you," Jessica replied, taking the test from me. "I shall be back in a little bit with the results."

"Thank you."

She left the room with the test. I laid back and turned my attention to Jaden. "What if it comes out positive. What am I going to do? I can't become a mom again at eighteen when I already have a five and a half year old," I whispered as more tears ran down my face.

"Just breath," he reassured. "You never know, the test could come back negative."

"Dear God, I hope it comes out negative," I prayed as I wiped my tears away.

Ten minutes later, Jessica returned with the results. "Well, Miss Maci, the test came out positive. You're pregnant," she answered, smiling happily at me.

In that exact moment, my entire world slowly came crashing down. 'Oh damn. Am I ready for another life to take care of?' I thought, chewing my lower lip as I glanced at Jaden.