Chapter Fifty-Two | Wales, June 1994

Chapter Fifty-Two

Wales, June 1994

         An early mist hung over the hills, dew clinging to Silas' pant leg as he climbed the hill. The forest rose before him, thick and dark. Later that day he would travel to Kings Cross to pick up Orson, Ivy and Magnus, where he would search for a glimpse of Harry Potter, as he did every year.

At the foot of the trees he waited, chin tilted a little, watching the clouds roll across the slate sky. It was cold for June, and he shivered; though it may have been the eyes he spotted in the dark.

"Silas." A figure stepped out, exhausted and ragged. He looked nothing like the young man Silas had once led in another war.

"Sirius, it's good to see you." They stood still for a moment, before embracing each other firmly, shaking.

"It's been a long time." Said Sirius, voice choked.

"Too long." Agreed Silas. "I always fought for you, I told them it couldn't have been you."

Tears filled Sirius' eyes, "Thank you, for the letters, and the support – and for looking out for Harry."

Silas was surprised. "How did you –"

"You loved the kid as much as we did, and adored Lily and James – you were our team leader, our supervisor. We wouldn't have made it anywhere without you."

"I just made sure he had some support, though Molly didn't need much prodding. Dumbledore thought giving him the cloak was a nice idea."

Sirius looked heartbroken. "James, and Lily – they would be so thankful, to you and the Weasley's."

"I didn't do much, Harry doesn't even know I exist." He shrugged, and then his shoulder slumped. "Lily and James...I will never forgive myself." Said Silas gravely. "I'm sure you feel the same."

"I do. Got a good swing at Peter though, that made me feel a bit better." Sirius cracked a smile. "And you, what are you doing?"

"Estelle just got married, they're both moving back to England soon. Anthea is twenty now, seems impossible huh? She's joined the Magical law team."

"As much as it makes me happy to hear about the kids," Sirius aid quietly, "I need to know what Dumbledore is thinking. He keeps me in the dark, always has."

Silas shifted and let out a deep breath. "Albus has come to me about reinstating the Order." He sighed heavily. "Slowly of course, don't tell anyone else – he is worried something is coming."

"And you?" Sirius searched Silas' face. "You always had a sixth sense about this sort of thing."

Chuckling, Silas shook his head. "I don't know Sirius, I really don't. I've felt off since the end of Harry's first year – Voldemort, hiding in a teacher's head, for a whole year? Quirrel taught my children. If that can happen, what else? What else could possibly go wrong?"

"A lot." Said Sirius grimly. "Which is why I want to keep an eye on Harry, somehow."

"He will not go unprotected Sirius, I can assure you." Silas sighed again, looking out over the hills. "With the Triwizard tournament coming up, the castle will be all the more dangerous and safe all at once."

"You're high up in the Ministry, keep an eye out, I'm sure you already do." Sirius glanced behind him, looking nervous. "I should be going, I'm trying to get to Spain, maybe somewhere farther."

"Tropical?" he asked. "Must be nice after Azkaban."

Sirius smiled. "I never want to feel damp and cold again."

"Good luck my friend." Silas held out his hand.

They shook firmly, and then hugged. "Thank you, supervisor."

Silas shook his head, chuckling. "I see Azkaban did not alter your attitude."

"What attitude?" teased Sirius, before disappearing into the trees. 

A/N: Same old Sirius. What an attitude. 

Question: With the stirrings of a new war, what will Silas do??

Rose