Dollmaker.

*****This story is by Lisort , our first contributor! Yay! Please don't be afraid to comment and start a conversation but keep it on a positive level people, enjoy! #KillerMonologues ******

As he looked down on his latest acquisition he couldn't help but smile. A bright, crooked, shifted smile. She was ideal with her pale, soft skin, the fiery red hair and the deep, shining, blue eyes, an eye catcher whereever she was. Pure, flawless beauty. A beauty he planned to preserve for eternity.

"I hope you know how happy I am to have you on my table of perfection. Frankly, it was quiet troublesome to get you here, but I'm noone to give up easily. You know, my father always told me: "Problems are no stop signs, they are guidelines". I really respected my old man and I always listened to his sayings. He was a smart man."

While he spoke he walked over to a small office locker and started to collect his tools, completly ignoring the muffled sound of her voice behind him. He didn't gagged his first toys, he wanted them to talk to him, to ask questions, to react to his stories. But he had to blend out this desire after he discovered that most people weren't able to make a normal conversation while beeing tied to a metal table in the dark basement of his house.

It was a shame, but not changeable.

"I'm sorry I had to take this measurement, but I want to work undisturbed.", he said with an apologetic smile while he prepared his tools on a small table next to him.

"So, as I said I respected my father. He was the one who introduced me to my art. But he had no vision. He was satisfied being a doll maker in a town at worlds end. I wasn't. I wanted to become better. Don't get me wrong, I obviously still love the art, but I couldn't imagine myself growing old in a poor, run-down workshop. So I left. And I became a surgeon. It's not that different from doll making, just paid way better."

He could see her mind trying to process the situation. He could imagine it was quiet strange to experience, but that was non of his concern. He just wanted to tell his story and then start his work. He could just start, but he wanted her to

understand why he did it. He wanted her to appreciate his work.

"Well, I never got away from doll making. It was my hobby and my practise. The more precise I could attach a perfect face to a doll, the more precise I could work with human faces. Of course, human have organs and features dolls don't, but they still need the same skills. Stable hands, a focused mind and the desire to create, or recreate, something perfect."

He smiled and bowed down to her looking her right in the eyes. Although she was a beauty overall, her eyes were the reason he chose her. He never saw a more fascinating pair of eyes, so deep, so mysterious, so perfect.

"Soon I realised, that humans have flaws. Although they can have quiet perfect beauty, more perfect than one can recreate in a puppet, they have stigmas. And some day, even the most perfect being would perish, leaving nothing of the beauty behind. Sad, isn't it?"

She didn't react. She should have at least nodded, he thought, a little angry now.

"Well, maybe you can already see what this is going on to. I wanted to create true and unlimited perfection. Alive, original, true like the human beauty, and everlasting and flawless like the beauty of my dolls. My dad always said: "If you want to be good enough, aim for perfection". And thats what I did. I searched for the perfect beauty and made it immortal. And the results are truly breathtaking."

He smiled softly and placed a hand on her cheek. She tried to fight against his touch and her bonds, but he was also quiet good at shackling. Slowly he grabbed for a syringe, looked at the liquid and sighed.

"You will have to stay still for the procedure. I don't want you to ruin it by making a wrong move."

He slowly injected the liquid into her vein.

"Don't worry, afterwards you will be perfect.