Nervous Ned.

'Hello.... Would you like some tea?... No, no you can't have any tea, then I have to take the tape off your mouth and I can't do that...no... You can't... You can't... Maybe pretend, you can have pretend tea'

Ned looked at his victim with a sad expression, paused for a few seconds looking around nervously and then poured the tea out and held the empty teacup against his victims taped mouth miming drinking. He never maintained eye contact for than a few seconds at a time, always looking down nervously. He gulped hard, taking in a few deep breaths before putting the teacup down and continuing, 'Ummm... I would very much like to kill you... This is just difficult for me, the talking, the interaction... I don't like it... But I need to learn...'

Ned kept looking at his feet and around the room the whole time he spoke. He never maintained eye contact with his victim for more than a few seconds. He stood taking in long deep breaths while shuffling about uncomfortably before continuing, 'My mother died when I was young and my father had no love for me... He kept me in a small desolate room where I stayed alone. I had many books to read, my late mother loved books and my father hid them away with me not wanting any reminders of the woman he lost. When I wanted food or needed the bathroom I had to be silent, if my father heard or saw me... There were... Punishments... So I grew up with nobody to talk to and nobody talking to me. I enjoyed the room and being alone... I stay in the same room now still. The only things that have changed is my father is no longer alive and I like to kill now... One day he dragged me out the room saying that I was going to be someone elses problem. I didn't... I couldn't leave my room. I grabbed a blade that was on a table he dragged me past and I stabbed him... The look in his eyes... I watched the life leave them and I was mezmerized... It was... Beautiful. I wanted to see it again. I can get by on my own ordering from the internet and phone but I realised if I wanted to see the look in someones dying eyes I would have to learn to talk and be spoken to... It's not easy... I have struggled... It's...'

Ned looked like he was about to break down and lie in a ball sobbing. He was breathing erratically and looked uncomfortable in his own skin, shifting about and sighing. Eventually he took a deep breath, picked up the knife and said, 'If it's ok with you... I'm going to kill you now... Maybe I will let the next person speak... Sorry.'

For the first time Ned looked his victim in the eyes without looking away. He kept his unflinching gaze and he plunged the knife deep into his hapless victims heart.

He watched as the life drained from his victims eyes and he allowed himself an awkward smile. As soon as his victim was completely dead, Ned averted his gaze looking around nervously again. He shuffled about awkwardly knocking off the teacup from the table. He watched in horror as it shattered on the floor. He yelped and ran to his isolated room. He would clean up later, now he just needed his room, his safe place. His silence.

****This is one of the early drafts of how i saw my character Abel from As Shadows Scream before i made him Abel/Cain. I like writing as either nervous awkward people or very cocky confident people, haha... extremes are my strengths i feel... please vote, comment and participate!*****