22 ~ Memories from the Past

|Don't forget to Vote and leave a comment below|

The entire time I drove my fingers kept tracing my lips and reliving the memory of the kiss. I did not even realize that I was thinking about him, until I caught my own reflection on the side mirror.... smiling. When the car came to a halt in front of Tanya's house I sat inside trying to collect myself.

I detected movement from, my head turned to face the source of the movement. It was Tanya. She stood on the other side of the window with her eyes wide like the freak she truly was. I shook my head asking what was wrong. She held up the Yearbook for me to see. She had one of her fingers bookmarking a section.

I stepped out from the car "What?" My voice sounded a bit annoyed. I had turned down a perfectly good offer just to be here, and I was starting to regret that choice.

"You've gotta see this" She all but yelled at me.

Walking around the front of the car she grabbed my arm and dragged me into the house. Taking a seat on her sofa I turned to her with my mouth half opened, mid-way from trying to speak.

She then opened the book to the place where she had it bookmarked.

"LOOK......" She exclaimed as she intervened.

Uninterestedly I looked at the page. My eyes scanned the double spread page. The spread had school sports team pictures printed on it.

"Is this important..." I said tilting my head at her questioningly. She wanted me to come over in such a hurry to look at our yearbook? I could have left with Haden...

"GOD!.. Shut up and look at it!" She exclaimed, and pointed to o a particular person who was standing in the back row of a team photo. He had a deceptively charming smirk on him face and his dark eyes shined.

"That's why he looked familiar when I met him!" She exclaimed. What was she talking about?

I took the book from her hands and brought it closer to my face. As the pixilated picture became clearer and my eyes grew wide. I recognized who it was. But it couldn't be. It must be a mistake.

"That looks like..."

"Yep.. it's him alright." Tanya turned the page. The page over contained singular profile pictures of each of the students from the football team, with their names underneath each of them.

My eyes scanned the page till I found the person I looked for. His photo was on the side, bigger than the rest of the others. 'Captain' it read underneath. A cold sensation speared through my body and a chill ran down my back as I read the inscription underneath the picture of the black haired black eyed boy with the friendly deceptive smirk on his face.

Smith. Haden

My eyes shifted to the other pictures that were placed after his was.

Thomas. Cam

It read underneath the picture of a Sandy blond haired boy with blue grey eyes.

Gully. Josh

Was written underneath the picture of one brown haired, brown eyed boy who had similar looks to Haden.

Knox. Alex

I finally read in my head while looking at the picture of a blond blue eyed boy.

This can't be.

I all but slammed the book close and inhaled deeply.

This can't be.

"That's why he looked familiar," Tanya repeated again. I turned to her, I could feel my eyes growing red. My breath got quicker as I stared at her.