18~ Two against One

"Such is the inconsistency of real love, that it is always awake to suspicion, however unreasonable; always requiring new assurances from the object of its interest."

|While you're here, click that 'star' icon and place a vote to show your support|

This was like a nightmare. But the difference between now and a nightmare was the fact that you could wake up from a nightmare. This was reality.

"Two against one isn't fair" I heard a voice speak. I opened my eyes and let them focus on the figure that was walking towards us nonchalantly. The light fell on a male figure, and as he walked he dusted off his clothes and adjusted them. "This really isn't the time for games...I guess." He muttered, more to himself than anyone else.

His eyes were focused on me. It was Haden. He was ok! Relief washed though me and I was overwhelmed. How was he okay, I was sure he was injured, I'd seen the way the men kicked and punched him over and over again. I'd seen him lying on the floor.

The man took a step back unintentionally and as I looked up at his face I could see confusion flash across it. You and me both buddy.

"How the fu-" Ray stuttered as a questioning look appeared on his face. Haden was basically a dead man walking.

"Kill him!" Jackson commanded.

What! Kill, Haden! The dread swept through me. I disliked Haden, but I did not want him dead. My heart raced as I watched the two men approach Haden. They swung their fists at Haden, but failed to land a single punch. He Dodged and blocked each punch and kick that was thrown or flung at him. What was going on? Since when was he so....

Haden moved as if he was anticipating and foretelling their every move. Then as one of the men hurdled at Haden he punched him. He collapse to the ground. He was unmoving as the dead.

"H-hey are you okay?" Ray called out, "What did you do to him?" He barked at Haden.

"Unconscious?" Haden Shrugged. "..or dead."

I knew being cold was a part of his personality, but hearing him so unmoved about a man's life was kind of frightening me.

"You bastard!" Ray snarled, and attacked Haden. One of Ray's punchers landed on Haden's Jaw and he fall to the ground. "Not so tou-" Ray began to patronize Haden but before he could finish Haden was back on his feet with a grin on his face. He really was a sociopath, wasn't he.

"What are you grinning about!" He yelled.

"About this," He responded, then moved so swiftly that somewhere along the lines I lost track of what he was doing. Before I knew it, Ray was eating dirt. I heard him let out a whine as he laid there. Haden then turned to Jackson, who was now holding me tightly, I could feel his jitters as he stood there watching Haden take cautious steps towards us.

"If you come any closer he f*cking dies!" He threatened.

"I asked you to get your fucking hands off him," Haden growled staring the man, he was angry. He wasn't wavered nor discouraged by the threat that Jackson had made. Maybe I was right after all, maybe he really didn't care. Haden grabbed Jackson by his black 'guns & roses' T-shirt. The man's eyes grew wide as Haden pulled him in slowly and repeated his words to him, this time softly and threateningly. The man loosened his grip of me. Jackson was looking at Haden as if he was a wild beast.

"C-chill man!" The man exclaimed, forcing a fake friendly smile and threw his hands in the air in defeat. Letting go of the man's shirt Haden turned to face me. He reached out and caressed my face softly and ran his thumb over my bottom lip. I could understand his silent question 'are you okay', but honestly, if he wanted me safe he would have stepped in earlier than this.