Chapter Fourteen : Uninvited Presence

*Not Edited

Willow

I hauled a cab and thought throughly about every details of my plan, the grin hanging on my lips was gradually getting bigger and bigger. My attention was cut off by the sudden halt of the cab and I swapped my gaze up towards the towering building with the humongous words that could be seen even before I reached here. 'XENAKIS CORP'

Well, in my mind, it would only be fair if I burst into his office one time to payback ,yet where my rational parts decided against the idea for the sake of my public images ,I made up my mind to gently surprise in his office.

Actually,I heard from one of the housekeepers the day before that his birthday was today, and the fact that he was so nonchalant and unaffected by it, it kind of got to me.Therefore as a great...fiancée, I wanted to at least make his day special and memorable, which was why my hands were full with bags , one of it was stuffed with uncountable amounts of junk food that I absolutely love since I have not even slightest bit of idea regarding his taste in junk food, another one of it was edible or more accurate very exquisitely prepare dinner cooked by me and the last one was a mystery gift I hoped he would like. A smile crept up onto my lips as I slowly breezed through the crowd to get to the top floor. And honestly, I wonder if he would recognised me in this look, WAHAHA, imagined the surprised look in his eyes when I revealed myself.

I guess at that moment when I reached the assistant's table, I was too caught up in my thoughts, my own fantasy to realised her astonished face ,her anxiousness and her edgy gestures , which in normal circumstances would have snapped me to immediate curiosity and attention. But all these slipped through my mind, I merely smiled as she reluctantly brought me to the door and knocked. I stopped her in midway , shaking my head ,the smile still lingering on my lips , my hands moved to the handle as I pushed open the door.

"Damon!" The high pitched voice was what froze me while entering the room. What I saw next had my smile step by step got turned into a jaw clenching motion , my head was getting loud with the voices,my hands lost control the next second,my bags fell to the ground in a thud and I ran away, never once looking back.

The several palpable moments which got me to the car was all blurry and suffocating, my entire being set on leaving that place further , my mind trying to rationalise what just happened and my heart felt ripped out with every step I take.In the end, I simply half close my eyes and slumped into the cushion of the car .

What on earth did I saw?
I saw that damn Xenakis having his hand on a woman as the woman was straddling his hip whatever they were doing doesn't need my explanation as it was all there in plain sight.

Hah...The laughter came out unexpectedly, and when he said to faithful I can't believe that I actually trusted him to hold up his promises. I looked myself in the mirror from the backseat and boy do I seem like shit. Turning to look out of the window, I saw that we are passing a place near my building. Signalling the cab to stop and also after finished paying him, I got out of the cab. Of course I was not going to go into my office looking like a crap, but I just need some time as I will get it by walking to my condominium near my building.

My hands were shaking when I tried to wrap them around me and my legs were somehow numbed with walking around on heels. Before I know, I was looking up on the huge condominium, I rushed to the safe place of my own house and shut the whole world out. I allowed myself to sink and get buried in the comfiness of my bed. And it was until now that the tears that were flowing finally stopped.

Sleepiness engulfed me and in every dream I would see the woman clinging onto Damon, and both of them were not even a bit embarrassed to shove their relationship in my face.

STOP. STOP. STOP!

I woke up in a weird sensation, my body were full of sweat. I shook my head and thought if Damon wants to do infidelity in his marriage then he can say goodbye to me because I cannot endure what my dad did to my mom. I have the power to say no, I knew I don't have the courage to face Damon now but I can get some time away at the island. It's the best place , and honestly it could be one of my favourite place.

Isn't it great? So much excuse for you to run away!

Urgh, shut up!

Putting a hand on the tear lines as I stared into the mirror, I guess I was actually starting to like him maybe a lot and this...this stunt seemed to pull me back to reality, the pain that I felt tearing my heart were probably because of how it hurts....how mom had been hurt probably ten thousand fold more.

It's okay. I said to myself as my hands gathered some water to splashed my face. The lines were gone after a few more splashes and I smiled, the ache in my heart can wait as I would take a time out now in my safe heaven.

I took only a small bag with me and headed out to get to my private jet.

----------------------------|--------------------------

Placing my head on my hand, the rumbling feeling of an airplane taking off shook me and laughed a little when I thought about how cowardly I look, running away.

The view from the window slowly fade as I grasped hold of a drink and let it drown the unsettling thoughts inside me.

===[╮( ̄▽ ̄"")╭]===
Hey you guys! I know it's been a while and probably much longer than a while, to be true, I had actually wanted to stop this story but since many of you seems to wanna know what would happen next to Willow and Damon , I decided that I would write again but not in a regular basis. Well just expect much updates this month 😊

Love Laira