Chapter 3

Rey's POV

"So our dancing teacher is Mr. Grey's brother?", I asked Katherine as we warmed up for the first dancing class of the year.

She nodded. "Tyler Grey. He's hot, but I think he's gay. I'm not sure. He's 25."

I shrugged and started stretching, copying Katherine's movements. There were eighteen more dancers in the class, but I didn't know any of them.

Silence suddenly settled throughout the room and I saw a young man entering the room in the big mirror that took up a whole wall.

His hair almost fell into his eyes and he had a bit of stubble. He was dressed in sweatpants and a tight tank top, and he looked really good.

"Hey everyone, I hope you had a great time this summer. I'm Tyler Grey, for those who don't know me."

He leaned against the mirror and scanned the room.

"Who's new? Raise your hands."

I raised my hand with three more people, and then Tyler started telling us the plan for this school year and the gigs he was going to sign us up for. We spent two whole hours talking about the upcoming year, before he dismissed us and told us that he'll see us tomorrow.

"Oh, Maddie Campbell, the cheer captain asked me to announce you that they need a new member and they're holding try outs for freshmen at six."

"You should go and try out, Rey! You would do great!", Katherine suggested and I smiled. I always wanted to become a cheerleader in high school, and finally now was my chance.

"Where?", I asked out loud and everyone turned to look at me.

"At the soccer field.", Tyler answered smiling.

"I'll show you where it is if you want.", Katherine offered and I nodded.

We quickly changed back into our normal clothes and started walking towards the soccer field.

"So what other sports are there at this college?", I asked.

"Tennis, football, um, basketball and volleyball."

"And do all of them have cheerleaders?"

"Except of the tennis players.", she said. "I can carry your bag back at the dorm for you if you want."

"Thanks."

I handed her my bag and she winked, before she pointed to an entrance I could go through so I could get to the field.

"Good luck! And see you tonight at the TDC party?"

"A party on Monday? It's a school night!"

"That's college for you! See you then!", she yelled as I walked away, rolling my eyes and smiling.

I got to the field and looked around, before I saw the cheerleaders in their uniforms, talking to seven girls that weren't dressed in uniforms.

I walked towards them, biting my lip, suddenly feeling nervous. What if they laughed at me? Or didn't want me on the squad?

This was a bad decision. Maybe I should turn around. I'm leaving. I'm turning around as I speak

"Are you here to join the team?", the blonde curly haired girl asked, and I noticed that I was right next to her.

"Um, yeah."

"You a freshman?"

I nodded and she smiled, before she turned to the rest of the girls. "Alright, welcome to freshmen hell week. I'm Maddie Campbell by the way. As you can see, there are eight of you and ten of us. Well, besides the eleven male cheerleaders, but they're irrelevant right now. Which means, only one of you is going to make the team, sadly. Here is how it's going to work; each soccer player has his own cheerleader. Except of the backups. Make of it what you want. You see that guy that just entered the field? That's Bryan Smith. He's a freshman that made the team earlier today. And one of you lucky frosh, will get to be his cheerleader."