Chapter 1

Branch's PoV

" and I need you tonight, And I need you more than ever, and if you only hold me tight, we'll be holding on forever, and we'll only be making it right..." I sang towards my grandma.
"Branch watch out!" My grandma warned me. A large hand aimed at me and was so close to grabbing me. But my grandma grabbed my arms and pushed me off the tree.
"Grandma!" I cried. No I can't loose her to the bergens she is the only family I have.
"Branch" those were her last and final words I ever herd from her. I sloughed over tears streaming down my face. No, it's all my fault. I was lost in song. I can never forgive myself. My turquoise colour drained from my face, shoulders, arms, legs until I was fully pale with no slight colour. I was alone.

10 years later

Poppy sang her heart out through song. "FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT!" Her annoying voice pelted through the forest.
"Poppy!" Her friends started to cheer for her.
"Hey, guys!" She greeted them.
I came out the shadows and leant against the tree.
"Branch!" Poppy came running towards were I stood.
"What?" I glared at her. She smiled and walked closer. She stopped in front of me and checked her flower watch.
"Three, two, one..." I looked at her in confusion. As soon as I was about to speak a bright pink light beamed.
"HUG TIME!" She grinned at me. Oh no, not again. She reached for my shoulders and pulled me in her opened arms. I was about to rap my arms around her but then knew what she was doing. I pulled back and folded my arms cross.
"No hugging." I told her and strode away from their group. She frowned upset that I didn't return her hug.

I arrived back in my cozy bunker and sat on my stool thinking about Poppy. Her beautiful smile, and carefree voice. I was about to reach for one of her flowers I kept, but then I herd a knock at the door.
"Branch!" Poppy called out my name. I signed and opened the hatch.
"If you're a troll or Bergen you cannot enter." I told the intruder.
"It's me Poppy. Your best friend!" Before I could argue she pushed past the door.
"Get out!" I yelled at her.
"No, it's my birthday and I want you there!" She sat against the sofa arms folded.
"No I hate people. And especially parties." I explained.
"I don't care! Stop being so negative and smile for once." She argued. She then pushed me out the door.
"Now I am not letting you back in the house until you say you're coming." She moaned. I then thought of an idea.
"Fine I will come!" I gave her a fake smile.
"Omg omg OMG! Yay!" Before she could hug me, I caught her off guard and ducked under her arm back inside my cozy bunker. She stood there her mouth open.
"Bran-" before she could say my name I slammed the door.  Finally piece! Me, myself and my cozy bunker.

I opened my eyes to find I had my head on my desk. I heard faint screams outside my bunker. It's chaos. Trolls running from bergens, oh no. I was about to turn to go underground, but heard a faint "branch" from the window. I looked, it was Poppy, who was terrified, squashed up against the wall to try not to get caught. I sprung into action to try and save her.