Chapter 10

Poppy's POV

"I can't let them do this to you!" Bridget's face appeared above us.
"Bridget!" I exclaimed in happiness. She reached her hand into the pot and reached for me. She held me in her large hands and gave me a sad smile.
"But Bridget, you can't ruin your life for us! Do you know what chef would do to you?" She signed.
"I don't care. Go. Just go!" She tipped over the pot and set us free. The trolls tumbled out the pot unharmed. Branch held my hand and dragged me away. I looked back, and then followed the other trolls down the troll tree. When we approached the exit to trollsville, I looked back.
"Poppy?" Branch questions.
"It's not right! She risked her life to save ours! We have to go back." I looked back at the castle thinking of all the possible scenarios they could destroy Bridget.
"I'm going back!" Branch went to reach me but I slid under his hold and looked at branch. He nodded and he grabbed my hand again.
"I will come with you" we both strolled back to the castle and I thought of another way at making an entrance. I looked to find Bridget's roller skate to one side. I climbed in and the other trolls followed in. We reached the glass and I shouted back at satin and chenille.
"Full speed!" The twins grabbed part of the pipe beside the roller skate and shoved the roller skate forward, making the wheels speed up. The roller skate shattered the glass and we could see swords and pitchforks aimed for Bridget. All eight trolls landed on her violet head.
"You gotta let it show!" The skate landed under her foot, making her spin, the trolls grew their hair and placed it on top of her head. Creating beautiful bright rainbow coloured hair.
"Lady glitter sparkles!" The king Bergen exclaimed in shock and delight.
"Hello." She awkwardly waved in his direction.
"But why?" He grabbed her hand.
"I mean hello? Is it me your looking for? I don't think so." She sighed and looked at her feet.
"You're beautiful with or without the coverup" he looked down at her and smiled. They both started leaning in closer.
"What is happening?" Chef cried. He reached for a troll. Not branch! I frowned. She sat the king Bergen down and made him roll out his tongue.
"We all know only trolls can make you happy!" She threw the troll on the tip of his tongue and tried to push him in his mouth. No way is branch getting eaten! I climbed in satin and chenilles hair and told them to fire. I launched across the room and landed on top of branch.
"King gristle hasn't eaten a troll, yet he was happy with Bridget!" I held branch's hands and picked him up back onto his feet.
"I thought it was just pizza!" King gristle held Bridget's hands.
"Me to!" She looked deep into his eyes.
"Can I be happy?" A Bergen asked with a raised hand.
"Yes, you all can!" I smiled.
"You have to eat a troll to be happy!" A Bergen shouted across from the table.
"No, happiness isn't what is eaten or digested. It's found inside. You just need someone to find it! In Fact i don't just know it. I feel it!" I dragged branch beside me and decided to sing.