Chapter 5

Branch's PoV

"Poppy over here" I whispered to grab her attention. So far we made it past the bergens in the town and reached the King's tower.
"Branch, look!" She grabbed my hand and we both sneaked past the snoozing guards. I started blushing the way she held my hand...
"Branch...branch?!" She waved her hand in my face. I looked at her confused, but found out that I stopped walking and she was dragging on my hand.
"Oh err..." I followed her directions through the air vents. Well... When you're small as a troll it can come in handy! We ended up below the trolls trapped in a cadge. But they were guarded by a small purple Bergen who was crying on her bed in misery.
"Aw poor kid." Poppy muttered. Poppy opened the metal hatch and was about to jump but I tugged back on the hand we both were holding.
"Are you stupid? That's a. 10 foot drop!" I worriedly warned her.
"Ok, well I could land on the beanbag chair over there!" She pointed and the large fluffy bright purple beanbag.
"Hold on to my hand tightly branch!" Before I could reply, she jumped and pulled me towards her so she was side hugging my waist.
"Ahhhghh" she flopped on top of me.
"Aha! That was fun! We gotta do that again!" She hugged my neck and then stood up.

Poppy's PoV

We are always holding hands... After I hugged him again I grabbed his hand again. What? His hands made me feel safe. I guided him around the bed as soon as we reached them me and branch roughly pulled the cover over the top of the cage. All my friends started to sing;

Celebrate good times come on!

Branch's POV
Oh no... Not more singing...
"No, no, no! No more singing!" I angrily told them.
"Oooo, Poppy... Why are you holding branch's hand?" Biggie asked mockingly.
"Erhh... He- uh" she looked at me and smiled.
"He's my best friend! And-" she couldn't stop making an excuse as to why she was.
"He makes me feel safe!" She hugged me again. Again? What is with this troll and hugging? We finally detached our hands and we then opened the door to the cage and got everyone out.
"Friends" they all shared a hug.
"Omg! We missed you so much Poppy!" Cooper, satin and chenille explained tightening their embrace. I felt kinda left out... A frown was noticeable on my face. I stepped back a little and sat on the wooden ledge of the table.
"Branch?" Poppy stopped hugging them and sat beside me.
"You ok?" She asked and placed her hand on top of mine. This was the first time I mentioned that I wasn't.
"No...yes... I dun-"
"Come here branch!" She hugged me and I felt safe once again in her arms.
"Ok let's get moving" I spoke and pulled her off me.
"HEY!" A young violet Bergen spoke and tried to grab us.
"BRIDGET! Stop. You are in love with the king." Poppy opened part of the curtain hiding the wall to reveal a bunch load of cut outs of her and the king.
"What? No..." Bridget declined.
"Yes you're and you can help us to! You see we can't get too close to the king. But you can! We can set you up a date!" Poppy negotiated.
"Really? Ok I'm in." Bridget answered and the trolls started to sing. "Wait wait! Why isn't this one singing" she asked and pointed a finger at me. I glared at her.
"I don't sing!" I told her and climbed up the curtain towards the window.
"Branch- wait!" Poppy followed me up.
"What?" I turned around and sadness was herd through my voice.
"You gotta sing!" She grabbed my arm roughly.
"No I don't." I told her.
"That's enough, why won't you sing?" She nagged me.
"Because, because singing killed my grandma!" I rushed out.
"How? What song was she singing?" She asked sitting down beside me.
"I was the one singing, I sang to her but I was so lost in song and happiness it attracted a Bergen and took my grandma. It was all my fault." I looked down tears in my eyes.

?? Pov

Branch was unhappy. And poppy noticed this. She grabbed his hand and pulled him up.
"Never sung a note since" poppy felt sorry for the saddened troll and hugged him.
"Woah! It's not hug time!" Branch nevertheless accepted the hug.
"I just thought you needed one." She finished the hug and joined her friends and Bridget. They jumped on top of Bridget's head and swirled around their hair making it look rainbow. Branch sat beside poppy and smiled up at her. Poppy noticed this and smiled back. For a second they looked in each other's eyes getting lost, until poppy noticed and looked away with a tint or red across her cheeks.
"Ok listen to what we say and it will be all fine for your date!" Poppy told her. They started to sing trying to find the king. They noticed a miniature clothes shop beside a cafe. They approached the king.