Chapter 2

Branch's PoV

I grabbed Poppy by her waist and dragged her inside my bunker.
"Branch you were right! The bergens are here." I shushed her and warned her to be quite.
"bran-"
"Shush!" I interrupted. She raised her hand.
"What!" I whisper shouted.
"They're all taken! Please how are we suppose to get them back?" She questions with worry.
"Look, I will help you. But we have to camp here for the night." I explained.
"Ohhh, cozy bunker!" She cheered and sat on the stool with her feet on another.
"How can you possibly relax when your friends are taken?" I mumbled.
"I'm being positive, there's a difference!" She explained.
"Time to rest poppy, now go sleep" I grabbed a few blankets and snuggled into the warmth. She started to quietly sing the chorus of a song.

Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no
Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no
I'm free to be the greatest, I'm alive
I'm free to be the greatest here tonight, the greatest
The greatest, the greatest alive

"Go to sleep poppy!" I angrily placed a pillow over my head.
"Branch, sing with me!" She sang louder and scooted closer to me.
"I don't sing!" I scooted further away from her.
"Branch come on! Why are you so negative?" She glared at me. Is she trying to push my buttons?
"Stop being so nosy! Go. To. Sleep!" I shouted and rolled over facing the wall.
"I will find out soon" I herd her say before I lost consciousness.

Poppy's POV

I awoke to find branch still snoring between the blankets. Aw how cute. I will find out why he doesn't like to sing or dance or hug! I will be his best friend and help him find his colours back! Branch opened his eyes and looked into mine.
"Morning!" I cheerfully greeted his awaking.
"Uhh... So it wasn't a dream..." Branch grumbled.
"Nope!" I smiled at him.

Branch's POV

Why is she always smiling in the worst situations? And even in the morning she is all cheery? She must be stupid if she thought she could go on this trip alone.
"Right, I'm going to start packing. You should to" I told her, grabbing my rucksack and placing in the necessary needed for the trip to 'save the village'
"I can't my house is far from this place!" She rolled her eyes.
"Ok well maybe I could pack something for you, as long as you don't sing, laugh, smile and hug." She looked at me as if I was crazy.
"What?!? You can't do that! I don't want to be sad, depressed and lonely like you, thank you." She looked irritated.
"Fine, no singing then?" She smiled and shook the hand I gave out.
"Deal!" She smirked. I tried to detach the grip she had on my hand but she smirked.
"Poppy, you can let go." She stood there smiling at me... Creepy... A bright pink beam brightened the room. Oh no not hug time... Why didn't I say no hugs and singing?
"Hug time!" She pulled me in for a quick embrace.
"Get off me!" I tried to escape but her grip tightened.
"Never!" She squeezed me like a lemon.
"Ok,ok" she retreated from the hug and stuck out her tongue.
"Grumpy!" She muttered under her breath.
"I'm not gru-" before I could finish she skipped into the kitchen for supplies.
"Food. We need food" I reached my fridge to find out it was uninhabited already. Poppy had already packed the food in a small over shoulder bag. Oh no... She just used the bag my grandma had always used when she was here...
"Put that back Poppy!" I grabbed it from her.
"What why?" She pulled it back again.
"PUT. IT.BACK!" I was now on the verge of ripping out her light pink troll hair one by one.
"No we need to use this!" She fought back. The seams started to tear. My eyes began to get watery and my vision started to blur.
"Branch, are you crying?" She asked concerned.
"No..." I wiped my eyes quick and grabbed the bag pouring out its content, and placing the bag back on the abandoned hanger.
"just put it in this one" I told her opening up my rucksack. She collected the food off the groud and placed it in the bag.
"I'm sorry... Branch" she apologised. She zipped up the bag and placed it over my shoulders.
"Let's go." I said and we walked through the doors.